Canada blocking China/Honk Kong seller??

Last week, i put a lot of stuff i wanted to buy in my watchlist. So tonight i was ready to buy everything i needed and all of a sudden i get this message when trying to see the item:

"Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay."

Im trying to buy arm patch, paintball vest, paintball mask. Every single seller that im getting this message are from China or Honk Kong. So is canada blocking sellers from there???

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

First, it's Hong Kong.

There are a lot of restrictions on paintball equipment imports into Canada. EBay may be more restrictive than CBSA.

You may have better luck ordering from US suppliers, but your best bet is Canadian suppliers who have met all the legal requirements for importation of restricted products.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

What i dont understand, all those items were put in my list last week. All of a sudden, all those sellers/items are giving me that restriction message.

The exact same items from USA are showing with no problems but at 5x the price. Thats why i order from the same sellers that i have no access anymore.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

An interesting read.

http://www.a5og.net/general-paintball-related-discussion/4360-paintball-guns-canadian-border-regulat...

Canada has some unique regulations  with respect to firearms. 

With respect to paintball equipment.. safety come first.

and if the painball gun looks like a regulated firearm... it has the same regulation applied to its purchase and use as that regulated firearm in Canada.

It is always safety first....

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Those were rules back in 2007. Most of them as changed now. And i never said i was buying any guns.

Here's one exemple of something i wanted to buy and gets restricted now.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/170692418754?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

cpyue
Community Member

I experience the same, I purchase a few orders for LED Light Bulbs, LED Light Strips, Button Batteries, they all "cannot pass the airport security" and returned to sellers. Why's that?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Probably has something to do with the likely lack of CSA/UL approval.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I've purchased many items from China and similar regions in the past but ONLY clothes - good experience.  Wouldn't dream of buying any electronics and other items - after  a couple of years of reading these boards.

I personally am SO pleased that Canada has put restructions on certain items coming from that region. At least we're TRYING not to become what the US HAS become.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I also meant to add that ebay sure doesn't get many kudos on these Boards! but imo they are definitely doing the right thing in instances such as this.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply