CanadaPost Volume Discount

hw904
Community Member
I've using the VentureOne Discount for about 2 years, and just called canadapost to get a level one discount which they said i have to ship 750 parcels within Canada per year, but they said they won't keep track of how many parcels i am mailing, i have to count how many parcels i ship each year. So, i guess i can tell them i ship more than the actual number and get to the level 2 discount right?
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

wsboyd
Community Member
That would be WRONG !
:O

WSBoyd
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwsboyd
Message 2 of 32
latest reply

I have followed this policy -- they will double-check your receipts & records to verify your claims. Be careful... 🙂

They do actually track your Canadian shipments by the way -- just not your Small Packet shipments. I have verified numbers from our Rep.

John
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

hw904
Community Member
what will happen if after a year the actual number of shipments do not exceed 750? will they charge you back the difference?
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

thebonnieshop
Community Member
Yes, they will charge you the difference ( according to the agreement you will be asked to sign)
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

mtfman
Community Member
And whats the difference ?
We are talking Pennies savings on Level 1
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

Not really - the "entry" level discount which is what us PS had (and still have until the end of the month) is about an average 28% savings over counter, at least by my calculations.
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

hw904
Community Member
i've compared the difference...Saved around CAD$1.00 on each parcel.
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member
One I just sent ON to QC, samllest possible rate as package only 350Gm, was 7.18 total with the contract, while it would have been 8.87 with just Ventureone card. Larger boxes and out of region have a much higher $ amount saved. It is a big loss to lose this for those of us who will never have 750 volume annually.
Message 9 of 32
latest reply

For ON to QC for a 350g package you should be seeing < $5, at least say from Toronto t Montreal.
Message 10 of 32
latest reply

CanadaPOST Commercial Contract Discounts are only 3% more that what you current get with using the PAYPAL Shipping Tool...that is you only get the extra 3% if you commit to 750 plus parcels in a 12month cycle.

Hardly worth switching since the paperwork/admin costs will be much more that the losey 3% they're offering.
Message 11 of 32
latest reply

Perhaps then they've changed, but I can tell you from *MY* PowerSeller discount which is apparently the entry level (750 pkg) discount, I'm getting more than an extra 3%.
Message 12 of 32
latest reply

thebonnieshop
Community Member
Me too javax.swing. I also don't have any paperwork/admin costs. Not sure what you are referring to futuretech.
Message 13 of 32
latest reply

In terms of paperwork I was referring the administration costs of having another bill to keep track of and to process monthly - but if you have your CanadaPOST monthly bill automatically withdrawn from your bank account then its not such a big hassle.
Message 14 of 32
latest reply

thebonnieshop
Community Member
Actually, I charge them to my credit card and benefit from the points I earn.
Message 15 of 32
latest reply

Me too. I either use my Paypal MC/Debit and get 1.5% cashback, or my Airmiles Amex. Pay as you go.

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

Hello Everyone. I have been selling on Ebay for over a year now. It is alot of fun but can be a hassle as well. I call it my business but really it is just a hobby. I sell Toys and such GI JOES and the like. I have a VentureOne card and i use it whenever i can. I was just wondering if it is OK to use it even though its not an actual business. If somebody could give me some info that would be great. Oh just recieved powerseller status. FEELS PRETTY COOL. Peace James
Message 17 of 32
latest reply

iloveshopping_online_co
Community Member
i don't think it really matters. You have to pay them anyways.
Message 18 of 32
latest reply

Yeah, i'm just worried that they will send me a bill stating that i owe them some $$$$$. Plus i changed my store name a while ago and i hope that it doesn't make a difference either. Cheers, James
Message 19 of 32
latest reply

Makes no difference, anyone can have a Venture One card and use the discount.
"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 20 of 32
latest reply