Canadian Forces Takes on COUNTERFEITS for sale on eBay.

shoplineca
Community Member
Canada's JTF2 locks and loads over bogus EBay army duds.

The Canadian Forces has gone to war against Internet hucksters who are selling fake Joint Task Force 2 memorabilia and parts of commando uniforms on EBay.

Apparently the major concern are the knock-off JTF2 patches which are selling on eBay for $25 each and our forces want to put an end to the "theft" of their intellectual property rights of these items by stopping the sale of all the knock-offs on eBay.

eBay wont do it, so I think we should all alert the owners of designs, logos, trademarks and copyrights and encourage them to take an active part in shutting down the scum that are ALLOWED to sell their bogus crap on eBay.

Maybe if eBay were brought into a few legal suits where they had been warned (as we have done) about the illegal practise and yet they still allowed it to happen for their profit, it may make them more proactive instead of allowing eBay to turn into a front for knock-offs.

Malcolm
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have to wonder, with disconcern, about the future of intelectual property rights considering the ultra low cost of Chinese labour and the country's complete disregard for any applicable international laws. It's just not in their interest to behave civilly. They may end up the winners with the rest of the world as the losers.

eBay's role may be in facilitating the world to reduce itself to the lowest common denomonator. I sicerely hope that it turns out otherwise.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

multidistributor
Community Member
intellectual ebay???
Message 3 of 3
latest reply