Cannot make payment for non payment case - Seller's Trick?

I recently purchased and won some bids from chinese seller and as he informed that he can send it by registered parcel if the items worth is $_ and it took me 7 days to complete purchase and paid total amount. To my dismay the payment was shown as refunded in eBay site and Reversed in Paypal. Contacted seller and he informed me that paypal's system was to blame. I tried to inform this case to eBay but could not see the appropirate link. Now he has opened cases for non payment for those items whose bids were low and reported nothing for those i choosed to buy. To resolve the problem I tried to pay with link but there is error code 70029 in opened as well as closed case. The seller wanted me to pay via paypal directly which i declined as I think if do not send the item I cannot go to resolution center. I suppose this is a trick not to send the bids own in minimal amount which is a great loss to him. Pls advise or paste link to report this unnatural behaviour I have encoutered.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seriously, I don't think you should be dealing with this guy. It sounds as if he tried to get you into an "off-eBay" transaction, which is pretty sketchey on his part.

Also dumb, since Paypal has a Buyer Protection plan almost as strong as eBay's. And if you back your PP payments with a credit card you have yet another layer of protection.

Since he has opened a non-payment dispute, you just have to show that you did pay and that he refunded the payment. Go to your PP account and find the transaction numbers. Put them into the Dispute and watch his case fall apart.

Dont' try to pay him again. It will not end well.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Seriously, I don't think you should be dealing with this guy. It sounds as if he tried to get you into an "off-eBay" transaction, which is pretty sketchey on his part.

Also dumb, since Paypal has a Buyer Protection plan almost as strong as eBay's. And if you back your PP payments with a credit card you have yet another layer of protection.

Since he has opened a non-payment dispute, you just have to show that you did pay and that he refunded the payment. Go to your PP account and find the transaction numbers. Put them into the Dispute and watch his case fall apart.

Dont' try to pay him again. It will not end well.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Shall keep things in mind next time as the guy has changed the non payment to cancel transaction case. I have not accepted though it will change in certain days itself. Is it possible that I leave him negative feedback and at the same time he can do no wrong feedback to me?
Message 3 of 3
latest reply