Cant pay for item

bcwet
Community Member

Won an auction this morning from a Canadian seller went to pay with PayPal and the payment would not go through. Got an error message called eBay they said it was a PayPal glitch called PayPal they confirmed the glitch and said it should be fixed within a day or so????? So many glitches with either eBay or PayPal can't seem to keep up with them all. 😞

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Cant pay for item

When that sort of thing happens to me, I just back button and start again.

Usually the glitch is momentary and all goes fine the second time around.

Once that didn't work, so I closed out my eBay and actually did the work my boss was paying me for. Came back at lunch time and the payment went through fine.

The message you got from PP sounds to me like a PYA. If the problem is fixed in two seconds, PP is golden. If it really does take a few days (and try to imagine how much money they would lose if it did. PP is a huge company and the most profitable part of the eBay consortium) they told you so and are covered.

Don't panic.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

bcwet
Community Member
Apparently it was the way the seller set up his account he didn't link it with eBay so he could try to get me to pay through some service called square. I told him to send me a PayPal invoice which I paid though he was not happy about that. Needless to say he caused a problem where there should not have been one.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Square is a legit service. It is used by some friends of mine who sell at science fiction conventions and pow wows for example.

They have a thingy that goes on a smartphone and turns it into a credit card doomahickey. Wifi is involved.

Did I mention that I am a technodolt?

I don't think it is recognized by Paypal and I am not sure about the level of buyer or seller protection in case of a dispute.

Your financial information is secure however.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply