Charleton recognizes 2 known 2005P non-magnetic Canada 1 cents

Hi I am new to this forum, prairie boy! Charleton recognizes 2 known 2005P non-magnetic Canada 1 cents.

I am in possession of such a coin. Bu uncirculated blazing red MS. What would you do?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Charleton recognizes 2 known 2005P non-magnetic Canada 1 cents

Get it appraised and see what it is worth.

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

There is no established market value, its like the 1936 dot, or the 2006P non-magnetic Canada 1 cents. Value Their value is 5-6 digits!
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

"Their value is 5-6 digits!"

If you can find a buyer.  Much easier said than done.

Try listing on eBay with a 6 digits starting price.

Good Luck.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

If you believe it is valuable, a written appraisal would be useful. Or a certificate of authenticity. You probably know which certificates are most acceptable.

Even more useful would be a story in Canadian Coin News (produced by Charleton Press) about this new discovery. Send Brett (the editor) an email asking him about publicizing your find.

If he does a story, mention that it will be auctioned on eBay and get your eBay name in there.

Sell some sizzle.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Correct spelling is Charlton Coin Guide.

Charleton is undefined as a word but is used as a family name. Very close to charlatan which means a swindler or confidence man.

An interesting similarity since the topic is about an extremely rare valuable coin, LOL.

Ps Comment is not to criticize the OP and their coins but an observation on the misspelling of the word and it's amusing coincidence to the other potential meaning.
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Poco - I attended Carleton University and worked on the student paper. Originally called The Carleton we changed its name to the Charlatan around 1973.

Never could spell the university's name either.

But anytime something rare is found, I do believe publicity will make it more desirable. (Rare not being the same as valuable, as you know.)

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

"I attended Carleton University...'

... so did Mary, back in the 60's.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Canadian Coin News is published by Trajan, is it not?

http://www.canadiancoinnews.ca/

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

send them to be graded by ICCS and send one to the Torex auction to see what kind of value the upper end of collectors will place on it.

i would also say to cash in as quick as you can, once the word is out to the masses, the search will be on and more will come out.

i have an original mint box of 2005P????????????

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Thanks, so did I have a box! Do you need a tip on how to easily check for non-mags within a magnetic roll.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Sure, go ahead.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

new suggestion, make your money now before the flood gates open,  $39,000  item 370997809701

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

This tooks years to figure out, HERE IT IS FREE Patent on technicque, it also obviously works on paper rolls. Set a magnetic 4mm bead or ball on top of the roll. You can buy them for 99c for 20 of them from China. Slowly Roll it across the top of the roll. Push it with something like a wooden matchstick. it will roll across the roll and it sticks to every coin, but will advance to the next coin if one is non-magnetic. Go figure, genius right. Too simple.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

According to that eBay listing: 1 of 4 confirmed to exist.

The more come up - the lower the rarity factor and the price.  Yes, you should put yours for sale quickly.  Nothing to gain by waiting.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply

Your correct, it is a good way to do it. The day i have time to spare i'll give it a try.

Would you have a line for those mag balls? (i guess i need those first)

Message 16 of 16
latest reply