Copy Protecting Auction Pages

johnk_2000
Community Member
What is the program people are using to disable right clicking on auction pages.

I am forever having to VeRO scammers because they copy my ads and steal my products.

Thank you all in advance.

John
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

treasure-pot
Community Member
But Monique has (by far) more expertise on HTML and I'd like to hear her wade in.;-)

Bill
treasure-pot

Co-Author of

Bill

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
Bill is right, all you need to do is enclose your entire listing in a table and set it's maximum width as follows:

(table width="790")

Listing here

(/table)

Change the ( and ) to < and > respectively.

If, however your pictures are too large for the template it will force out the size of the listing to accommodate them.

Only 8% of the internet population is still browsing on 800 x 600 resolutions so you may want to increase the width accordingly.

Here is an up-to-date link for viewing these stats:

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=17

Monique

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Thanks guys and gals!

I shall try it out...

Xena
Message 23 of 29
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
8% Monique... really!? Maybe all those people that have upgraded their monitors will finally switch to broadband. lol

If you have access to the stats Monique, what portion are viewing at 1024 x 768?

I still have an old version of FrontPage that I trot out once in a while. It allows you to set your table width to a percentage of the viewabla area or as pixels. If you set it as a percentage (say - 98%) and the viewer was looking at your site on a monitor set for 800x600, the page would adjust to accommodate - your table would be 784 wide.

It's still WYSIWYG and you can find older versions of the software on eBay cheap.

Bill
treasure-pot

Co-Author of

Bill

Message 24 of 29
latest reply

katiusciav
Community Member
ummmmmmmm....my word, am i ever computer illiterate... i don't even know what half of those words are that you just used! lol!!
...in any case, it looks as though the listings i have up now are probably one of the last i'll have up in quite some time anyways, i'm finding the ebay art market very very very slow...on the flipside, the art auction market is quite hot, so it looks as though i will be buying off ebay and reselling at auction...i will lose my ps status which is sad as i won't have this board to chat with anymore 😞 too bad they don't have buyer ps'ers! i may have the odd items up, but probably not enough to warrant a ps status...

...it is also, by the way, so much easier to buy off ebay to resell as opposed to buy and resell on ebay...i get the merchandise delivered to my door and when its sold at auction, it is no longer my responsibility as far as getting delivered, arriving in one piece, cx satisfaction etc...as its now an issue between buyer and auctioneer...
Kat
Message 25 of 29
latest reply

Bill,

It's 45.59%, followed by 14.2% @ 1280x800 and then 12.83% @ 1280x1024.

I use FP 2002 and Dreamweaver and both programs do a good job w/tables.

Xena
Message 26 of 29
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Thanks Xena.

I'll have to start rebuilding my site to accommodate 1024x768. The pages were starting to run a little long (north/south) anyways. lol

Bill
treasure-pot

Co-Author of

Bill

Message 27 of 29
latest reply

i will lose my ps status which is sad as i won't have this board to chat with anymore 😞

If that happens we will miss you Kat....:-(

My sales were very good this month until they started talking recession in the U.S. and things are dead right now. Business is usually good at the end of the month so hopefully next week will see improvements again.
Message 28 of 29
latest reply

whoscloset
Community Member
It's funny, I've found business slowing down on ebay but picking up on my website. Definitely not complaining about that though. LOL

The dial-up argument is one I hear way to often with my design business. Some designers like to tote out the "millions of people will have to wait FOREVER for your listings to come up if you have any animation" such as the logos I develop.

Fact is that only about 15% of the North American population are still accessing the internet via dial-up and of those 15% most are on a high-speed system. The days of large numbers of people on 14.4, 28.8 or even 56K modems is pretty much over.

Monique

Message 29 of 29
latest reply