Create 500 FREE auction or fixed price listings

I noticed this today under my promotions tab - good for 7 days once activated - ebay.ca / cafr.ebay.ca

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Create 500 FREE auction or fixed price listings

not seeing it, obviously it is another promo i don't qualify for.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Is this because you have a store that you don't qualify for the 500 free listings? I'm not sure who ebay is really targeting with these promos ... I can only list 50 items per month so it really doesn't do me any good and I would think that someone who really had 500 things to sell would probably have a store anyway???  

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

@themodernowl wrote:

I noticed this today under my promotions tab - good for 7 days once activated - ebay.ca / cafr.ebay.ca

I have it as well. The "Learn more" link is currently broken.

Does allow you to relist unsold listings.

Does not include 1day and 3 day listings.

Selling limits (if any) on your account still apply.

-..-

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@themodernowl wrote:

Does allow you to relist unsold listings.

Does not include 1day and 3 day listings.

Selling limits (if any) on your account still apply.

Edit: An eBay.ca Canada only offer. No equivalent eBay.com USA offer as far as I know.

-..-

I see the promo in My eBay Promotional Offers. I activated it. The "Learn More" link is working for me so maybe the earlier issue with it was fixed.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Another one I did not receive. Have missed the last 3 now. Used to get at least one a month but not lately.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Please note: sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting “Activate offer” in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion will not be eligible for the Promotional Rate. The promotion is eligible only for listings with Canadian Dollars specified as the currency.

What is the Promotion?
Invited sellers (“Sellers”) who activate the offer and then create a listing, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein (“Qualifying Listing”), will pay no insertion fee per item ("Promotion") for up to 500 listings per month during the Promotion Period (as defined below). All existing selling limits on your account (as well as category and item limits) still apply, and may prevent you from creating the maximum number of listings in this Promotion. The Promotion is in addition to the free listings per month as part of the everyday rate plan.

The Promotion does not apply to final value fees or optional advanced listing upgrade and supplemental service fees. Final value fees will be applied to the total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge—excluding any sales tax.  Fees for optional listing upgrades (such as reserve price, Gallery Plus, listing in 2 categories, etc.) still apply. For listing in 2 categories, you will be charged at standard rates for the second category.

Who’s eligible?
This Promotion is available to invited sellers who: (i) received an email and/or message in My eBay; (ii) activated the promotion from the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page; (iii) meet eBay’s minimum seller performance standards.  Please sign in to My eBay and view your Seller Dashboard to verify whether your account is currently meeting the standards.

When is it?
This Promotion starts on Wednesday, October 12, 2016, at 00:00:01 EST (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Tuesday, October 18, 2016, at 23:59:59 EST (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) (the “Promotion Period”), for listings on www.ebay.ca.

How do I activate the Promotion?
Sellers will automatically receive the Promotion after they activate the Promotion from the invitation email or the Promotion landing page, and then create Qualifying Listings on eBay Canada at www.ebay.ca through the Sell Your Item form, eBay Seller Tools, eBay Mobile applications, and most third-party tools. Any listings created prior to the time of activation will not be eligible for the Promotion. For sellers listing with any tool other than the latest version of the Sell Your Item form (SYI 3.0), the Promotional Rate will not be shown during the listing process. Instead, the discount will be reflected in the "View Account Status" section in My eBay, as well as in your next invoice.

Restrictions & Exclusions.

1. The Promotion excludes 1-day and 3-day durations.
  2. The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.
  3. All Qualifying Listings must comply with all applicable eBay policies, including eBay’s Duplicate Listing policy that allows for the removal of duplicate fixed price listings.
  4. The Promotion excludes listings created prior to activating the offer and listings with a start date prior to, or after the Promotion Period. However, Good ‘Til Cancelled listings that renew during the Promotion Period are eligible for the Promotion.
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this promo too but noticed that the promo for 50K disappeared!!  Darn I prefer to keep 50K as it is good until October 31!!  What is up with eBay?  It is like giving the candy to the baby and then take it back!!  Shame on eBay!!  I doubt it is a glitch!!

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I got this promo too but noticed that the promo for 50K disappeared!!  Darn I prefer to keep 50K as it is good until October 31!!  ...

To see what promos you had available in the last 2 months look in the Promotional Offers section (just under the header title) and click on the History link.

-..-

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@themodernowl wrote:

I see the promo in My eBay Promotional Offers. I activated it. The "Learn More" link is working for me so maybe the earlier issue with it was fixed.

I think I know why the link was broken at the start... they listed the promo too early. If you read the details it says October 12 to October 18. Yesterday was October 11 and my activation has it running October 11 to October 17 (still a one week promo time shifted by 1 day).

And I got an email this afternoon announcing the Oct 12 to Oct 18 promo -- I tried activating just to see if it was a different promo, but was told it was already activated,  *sigh* Smiley Frustrated

-..- 

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@pocomocomputing wrote:

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@themodernowl wrote:

I think I know why the link was broken at the start... they listed the promo too early. If you read the details it says October 12 to October 18. Yesterday was October 11 and my activation has it running October 11 to October 17 (still a one week promo time shifted by 1 day).

And I got an email this afternoon announcing the Oct 12 to Oct 18 promo -- I tried activating just to see if it was a different promo, but was told it was already activated,  *sigh* Smiley Frustrated

-..- 

I was so happy to finally get a promo offer. Worked all day updating some listings.
I just went to activate the Promo and it says "Unfortunately this offer is not available to You"

It's on my promotional offers page and I got an email. Say 'What????

ROTFLMAO hysterically

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

@around_again_records wrote:

I was so happy to finally get a promo offer. Worked all day updating some listings.
I just went to activate the Promo and it says "Unfortunately this offer is not available to You"

ROTFLMAO hysterically

The weekly chat session is still open, so you might want to post there

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/October-12th-2016-Weekly-Session/m-p/353840#M5215

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@around_again_records wrote:

ROTFLMAO hysterically

The weekly chat session is still open, so you might want to post there

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Weekly-Chat-Session/October-12th-2016-Weekly-Session/m-p/353840#M5215

OK, it's a new day. I remembered reading here about clearing the cache, so I did that this morning and was able to Activate the offer. I wonder if it has something to do with my doing some listing over at .com recently. My browser is set to clear the cache when I close it, so it doesn't seem like that should have been the issue. All I know is that last night it said the offer was unavailable and today it activated for me. I wish I knew what was going on.

I use IE 11, I don't want to change browsers, but I already have Mozilla Firefox on the system in order to print the New shipping labels.

What browser should I be using that would work best for everything.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Being set to ebay.com for whatever reason might do it since this was an ebay.CA only offer.

-..-

Not sure what browser works best, I'm still hunting. My old version of FireFox (on desktop computer) has no ebay problems, some mild paypal issues, and has met a couple of websites that completely fail. The more mobile device friendly the website is the bigger the chance of failure.

-..-

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

The 50k promo seems to be permanent/ongoing, randomly offered to different sellers and always starting and ending on the 1st of a month. I had it for a couple of months and eventually lost it too, which was disappointing since I have a large inventory that I can't afford to relist without a promo. It's hard to take listing fees and promotions seriously when you can have 150,000 free listings in one month (the 50k promo and the 100k Canadian promo earlier this year) and few if any in other months.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply

You must be right 11-17th because i been working all day polishing up my 500 free listings and here i am flocking to the message board for help!

When i click on the link it says the promo has expired and it has completely disappeared from my promotional offers tab. Nothing in the history either.

Very frustrating! Oh well, now im all ready for the next round ..... in November? Yay 😞

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@wkndshop wrote:

You must be right 11-17th because i been working all day polishing up my 500 free listings and here i am flocking to the message board for help!

When i click on the link it says the promo has expired and it has completely disappeared from my promotional offers tab. Nothing in the history either.

Mine has expired and it does show in my history. Could have used an extra day though...

Did you use any of the free listings?

Sometimes if you don't use any, then the offer does not show if you look on another eBay.

-..-

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

We got burnt today (oct 18). Here is a quote from the email we can still see and read in ebay messages:

When is it?
This Promotion starts on Wednesday, October 12, 2016, at 00:00:01 EST (12:00AM plus one second), and will end on Tuesday, October 18, 2016, at 23:59:59 EST (11:59PM plus 59 seconds) (the “Promotion Period”), for listings on www.ebay.ca

When we activated it it said on our my ebay promo section that expiry was  October 18, 2016, at 23:59:59 EST (11:59PM plus 59 seconds). We rushed all day listing a whole bunch of items before the promo expired. Well now we find out ebay messed up and pulled the promo 24 hours early with no notice and now we have used all our monthly listings on things that were only worthy of being listed with a promo.

Great, now what???

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

That's what my email said, but I did activate the offer on Oct 11 (not Oct 12) 30 hours before I got the email, and my expiry did show as Oct 17 not Oct 18 (and still shows that in my offer history).

You may want to bring this issue up later today when the weekly chat thread opens.

-..-

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Yup I had the same issue. Under "My eBay" it says it expires Oct 17 night, while in the T&C of the promo it says it expires Oct 18 night, so I only utilized some of it Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 22
latest reply