Cyber what day?

I'm 0 (sales) for 12 (hrs) so far on Cyber Monday.

Looks like Cyber monday is more like "stuff other than stamps" Monday indeed!

My weekend was just a "normal" weekend as well.

If I recall, last year was the same.

Having said this, I don't have any special sales or markdowns or anything "different" happening with my listings, so perhaps the "usual" makes sense.

As well, I suspect people search out deals on non-hobby stuff moreso, and the hobby stuff gets whatever they happen to have left after they buy their bargains....perhaps tonight will be a big sales night, time will tell!!!

Hopefully some of you are having a surge in sales today!!!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Cyber what day?

Nope, nothing here either, nada, rien, nichts.  

Oh well, eBay hasn't advertised my kind of stuff for years.  Cyber Monday is for purveyors of all things shiny and new.  

I'm going to be around this Christmas, can't afford a holiday, so I think I'll leave my store open and hope to attract a few more sales to make up for a lousy November.  

Hope your week gets better too!  

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Cyber what day?

I did a lot of mailing today, but most of the value was on my own , not on eBay.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Cyber what day?

I sold 24 books (15 listings)! It's a record high on eBay for me for sure in terms of sales within 24 hours.

But I have to factor in the fact that I had roughly 350 auctions all ended roughly 3 hours ago so most of them were bids placed yesterday afternoon. I didn't really make any special sale or markdowns, but the auctions did have a 20% lower starting price than what they were at FP (but most of the buyers I got were very new eBayers so I doubt they've been following what my FP prices were) and I didn't even realize that I had the auctions ending on Cyber Monday until... Monday, lol! It was totally unintentional. 

I'm gonna try listing auctions again next time eBay has a promo and see if it'd work nicely like this again Smiley Happy It's gonna take me the whole day today to pack the books. Glad that I happen to have a day off today. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Cyber what day?

Hi Zee! Glad to see that you did well!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Cyber what day?

My results were poor, much below a normal Monday, apparently folks spent their stamp money on other things yesterday!
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Cyber what day?

It appears I live in a "Cyber Tuesday" world.....

Friday was slow, Sat, Sun, Monday were very slow, today's sales are already more than the whole black friday/cyber monday weekend combined!

This perhaps lends credibility to my idea that hobbies like stamps get left till after folks get all the on sale stuff and then the hobbies get what's left over....

I seem to remember last year was something like this for me too...
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Cyber what day?

ricarmic wrote: 

My weekend was just a "normal" weekend as well.

The month of November was really good for me; I had more sales than usual.  And I hurriedly listed as many things as I could before the Thanksgiving weekend but, then, everything stopped.  From Thursday through today, I had 3 sales, 1 on this account and 2 on my other one.

There really is no rhyme nor reason .....

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Cyber what day?

We found in our B&M store that December generally was a poor sales month.

Collectors, we figured, gave themselves a hobby allowance and in December used that for gift buying.

However, by Boxing Day, they had  pent up demand and sales took off.

We catered to that with a mailing/emailing to our regulars with a coupon and (what was effectively) a 'no sales tax' sale.

Oddly it was the high profit bottom end that flew out the door between Boxing Day and Epiphany.

Not complaining....

Message 9 of 9
latest reply