Defect rate confusion.

How long does a defect stay on your dashboard. I have 2 defects showing. One from November last year and one from last week. Both of them were from international buyers. Brazil and Mexico. Both buyers opened a case enquiring where their item was. I refunded both immediately. The next day, the buyer from Brazil emailed me to say his item had arrived and he repaid me. Last week, the buyer from Mexico, emailed me within a half hour of me refunding him, to say it had just arrived. He resent me the money.

So...I do the right thing and get defects. What I don't quite understand...do these defects stay on your dashboard for 12 months or 3? Also I thought the defect thing didn't start until August. Will it reset to zero at that time? And why do I have a defect from November still showing? I dunno....eBay does my head in sometimes. 

When I look at my "Transaction Defect Report" it states "Your total transactions with defects as of July 14, 2014: 1", and yet 2 show on my dashboard. Is it just me, or are you lot just as confused and doolally as I am?  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Defect rate confusion.

I "think" everything is staying as-is until Aug 20th when we go live. Then, I "believe" the defects that show are based on sales. If you do more than 400 per quarter (?) they show per quarter. Do fewer sales than that, you are assessed on the year.

You show 185 FB for the last year, so, yer well away from the 400 per quarter, so, yours should show for the whole year. I "think".

You can take that to the bank like a post dated, foreign currency, third party, out of country, cheque.
Photobucket
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Defect rate confusion.

Ok...I think...lol. But I still don't get this bit. .. When I look at my "Transaction Defect Report" it states "Your total transactions with defects as of July 14, 2014: 1", and yet 2 show on my dashboard.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Defect rate confusion.

That question is above my pay grade.
Photobucket
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Defect rate confusion.

OK - the information is confusing.

It may take some time to read it all - read it again - and hope some it it remains in the brain.

From eBay.ca: http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2014/sellerstandards.html

From eBay.com: http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2014/sellerstandards.html

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Defect rate confusion.

You got it right:

"Just as today, sellers with 400 or more transactions over the past 3 months will be evaluated based on the past 3 months and sellers with fewer than 400 transactions will be evaluated based on the past 12 months."

Message 6 of 6
latest reply