Did you Know That...............

Did you know that a seller can plug in any amount for shipping after the sale even the item was listed as Free Shipping?

I didn't.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

On second thought............ I guess I was aware of that on one level because I can revise shipping for my buyers.......

but until a seller plugged in shipping cost for an item with Free Shipping after I bought it I hadn't really considered the possibilities before.

What a nuisance .................... leave a hole unplugged and someone will take advantage.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Did an eBay-generated "free shipping" bubble appear on the listing page when you viewed it, or was the "free shipping" message on the listing title?

What I find annoying is when sellers state "free shipping" in the listing title so it grabs my attention in search, but then a look at the listing description shows that the "free shipping" is only for items shipped within the United States.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It says Free Shipping and I double checked the shipping and payments section before buying and it verifies Free Shipping to Canada.

I've sent the seller several messages and I'm being ignored.

What irks me about this kind of thing is that there is NO recourse for the buyer.

I could pay and then trash DSRs or whatever.  (I never leave NFB.)

The seller has a lot of FB and obviously cares about that.

I suspect the Free Shipping was a mistake and the seller decided to "fix" it by charging me after the fact and then ignoring my messages hoping I don't pay and go away.

Until and unless there has been a payment the buyer is powerless.  

I think it's worth the extra money just to mess with her like she is with me.......:).

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

How much did the item sell for and how much does the seller want for shipping?

I'm just wondering if the seller is going to feel it's worth her while to file an NPB on this, at which time you can make your case to eBay then.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I'm just going to pay.

It's still a deal.

I'm pretty sure it was a mistake and I get that.

It was handled very badly though.

Even though I regularly alter shipping costs for my buyers, it's always in the other direction...............

I shouldn't have been surprised that this could be done but I was.

Next time I'll pay right away.......... :).

Lesson Learned.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply