Disputing Negative feedback

I just got a  negative feedback which I thought was unwarranted, so I decided to use the new feature to dispute it...my complaint and Ebay's reply is below...it was almost a week ago...does anyone know how long Ebay  takes to decide and if I will receive a copy of the decision. 

Here is comment to Ebay..

Comments: This buyer left neutral feedback because they claimed the actual lot did not look as good as the pictures...The item was a mixed lot of jewelry and no individual pieces were represented in the photos. The claim is to general and to vague. Also no communication was attempted by the ebayer to allow me to rectify the problem before leaving feedback. This is a very new ebayer where as I have almost 1000 feedback...perhaps this person is not aware that I offered a full refund...Anyhow please rectify this for me if possible...  tdmuddler

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Wow........  I've been aware of a lot of recent changes which have been kept very quiet but I didn't know about this one.

I would say that a year ago chances would have been slim to none that the FB would be removed but recently I've experienced so many changes..........

You never know.

Please post here and let me know how if unfolds.  I'd really like to know.

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

It's not a Neg it's a neutral which means it effect nothing .. They might of dinged your dsr but unfortunatly ebay will do nothing because you have no leg to stand on to have it removed ... it will stay there ebay will not remove it but neutral won't effect anything ..

Never matter if it is justified or not as long as it doesn't go against ebay policies it will not be removed ..

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

You said that you included your complaint and Ebay's reply.

I see your comments, but which part is eBay's reply?

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

I disagree!!! A Neg effects everything just as DSR"s affect everything....The buyer did not contact me prior to leaving the neutral to give me the opportunity to make things right...I do offer a no questions asked refund policy....somewhere in the new rules I read that that communication must occur prior to a neg or neutral being left, The DSR rating is more important than the neutral and there is recourse for bad DSR's even if a Positive is left....

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Sorry here is the reply from ebay...i had to modify it a bit to allow it to post

Thanks for letting us know about a problem you had with a buyer. Here's a summary of your report:

We'll take your confidential report and review it with other internal information (including reports from other sellers). Although we know you've submitted this report, it is anonymous to your buyer. Also, please note that we won't be able to tell you of any specific action taken for confidentiality reasons.

Sellers like you help keep the eBay marketplace a safe place to buy and sell. 

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Are you saying that you used the "Report a Buyer" function or that there is a new function to dispute NFB?

I thought you were saying that there's a new function which allows sellers to dispute NFB online without the usual phone call.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

You don't need to call...When I noticed my feedback score went up...I went to check as I always do and when I say the Neutral  there was  a button to click to Report the buyer( I can't remember what it said exactly I was a bit upset LOL) its only been my second neutral and I was a bit shaken up!!!...I sent my letter and an hour letter Ebay emailed me the form letter which I presented here...

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

ooooo thats a new one ... sorry never heard that one yet

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

I just got a  negative feedback which I thought was unwarranted, so I decided to use the new feature to dispute it.

Which new feature are you referring to?

Normally they won't remove feedback unless there is a pattern of the buyer leaving negative feedback and/or low dsr's or if there was feedback manipulation involved.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-manipulation.html

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

if you check your feedback and you have the misfortune of receiving a neg or neutral to the right directly below the ITEM link there is Mauve colored link "NEW   REPORT This BUYER"

When you click on it you can argue your case...no phone call needed...

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

That link is for cases such as the ones I mentioned in my other post. They generally won't do anything if it is a matter of the buyer not being happy with their purchase. But..you never know what may happen.

Were the items in the picture sent to the buyer?

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

Yes all the items were sent to the buyer as pictured..I also had two similar lots listed at the time she left the neutral anyway thats another story...

however I think I read a while back that you cannot leave a negative out of the blue any longer.... if there is no communication opened with the seller first, the seller has a case to have a neg removed...what is the point of offering refunds as we are encouraged to by Ebay if a ignorant or vindictive buyer can bypass all the formalities and turn a sellers hard work into a joke...

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

It sounds like you used Report the Buyer button which isn't really meant to dispute FB.

I think you might be thinking about the changes to disputes.

I believe that buyers are expected to contact sellers before opening or a dispute but FB can be left without communication to the best of my knowledge.

Like I said:  I've seen some very unexpected things lately so you never know, but in the past that FB would be stuck.

Good Luck!

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

Why would the "Report This buyer" button come up in the feedback section if it were not meant to report erronoeus feedback...and why would Ebay say they would  check into it if there was no action that could or would be taken.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply

I'm not sure why the button would show up there.............. but good question.

It's probably something I wasn't aware of.

Maybe it shows with NFB for just that reason.  Good Point.

The idea that ebay is inviting sellers to report buyers when they leave NFB is new to me.

Since all sellers feel that all NFB is unfair, wouldn't that mean that every buyer who leaves NFB gets reported?

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

That also is a good question.. but the only recent feedback that I have with the report buyer option is that one neutral...maybe it already meets some of the requirements of  inappropriate feedback (buyer did not open a  NAD dispute or contact for refund) ...would someone else with a new neg or neutral check in and let us know if they have the same option.

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

One other thing...the buyer had a feedback score of ONE maybe that is a red flag..

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

tobyshitzu
Community Member

zero chance its being removed, doesnt violate any policy.  If low dsrs were'nt left with it it doesn't make any difference anyway.  Send anything you want about anything with the report a buyer link and you'll get the same auto response back...and thats it.  The only hope of it ever being removed is if the buyer goes nuts hammering lots of sellers and they remove it all (dont think a neutral would even go with that, but low dsrs would)

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

Its funny but the first thing I did was to check the DSR's and at that point in time they were still ok...I figured the seller gave me none when he (she) thought they were giving me zeros...Anyhow I checked them today and low and behold 4 days later I notice i got dinged...in all 4 categories...is there sometimes a delayed reaction time...I got feedback from one other person since then and I don't believe she gave the bad DSR's if she did she was giving me a mixed message...good feedback and poor DSR's which I believe is also cause for dispute!! !lol I am turning into a nitpicker...

Message 20 of 35
latest reply