Do I HAVE TO sell on ebay.ca?

So...I received a promotion from eBay encouraging me to start selling once again.

So....I take them up on it, go to my eBay and start the process to list my item.  (previous to this today,  I relisted some items that  had not sold that I listed some weeks ago).  But this item I'm selling is one that I have never offered for sale.

So....I get almost finished, until I hit the "Shipping Policy" form, and I could not go further because everything referred to shipping from the US.  Yes....to this point, I have always sold on eBay.com.  Phoned the help line, and she told me I HAVE to sell on eBay. ca, and that I would have to re-enter all my information in order to do so.  

So....I get to eBay.ca, and it's a "Mickey Mouse" form and layout compared to that of eBay. com.  There are so little options to use.  Photos downloaded ok, but I'm not happy with the final preview.  Listia and WebStore are looking better and better by the minute.

Do the rest of you sell on eBay.com or on .ca?  If you're on .com, how do you get around the shipping policy from Canada?  It would not let me go any further if I didn't select one of the US shipping options.  

Tearin' my hair here, in total frustration.  

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I'm not familiar with the promotion you are referring to but unless it tells you that you have to list on .ca in order to qualify for the promotion, you can list on .ca or on .com. The listing forms are the same on both sites but right now you are probably using the short form on .ca. On the top right corner there should be a link to use the expanded listing form.

If you list on .com you can't use calculated shipping. You can choose flat rate shipping and set that up using either standard, economy or expedited int'l shipping for shipping to Canada and other countries. For shipping to the U.S., use the option 'shipping from outside of the U.S.'

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I've always listed on eBay.ca.  I tried to list on .com before but I didn't like the fact that shipping to Canada will show as international shipping. 

Are you using a tablet to list from, I noticed that people who list through an Ipad, is so different from using a pc.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I'm not familiar with the promotion you are referring to but unless it tells you that you have to list on .ca in order to qualify for the promotion, you can list on .ca or on .com. The listing forms are the same on both sites but right now you are probably using the short form on .ca. On the top right corner there should be a link to use the expanded listing form.

If you list on .com you can't use calculated shipping. You can choose flat rate shipping and set that up using either standard, economy or expedited int'l shipping for shipping to Canada and other countries. For shipping to the U.S., use the option 'shipping from outside of the U.S.'

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I've always listed on eBay.ca.  I tried to list on .com before but I didn't like the fact that shipping to Canada will show as international shipping. 

Are you using a tablet to list from, I noticed that people who list through an Ipad, is so different from using a pc.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply