Do ebay products from China actually get shipped?

Well I for one am GETTING FED UP with ebay - China purchases.

I placed two orders and they did not arrive in the time stated and not even in the extra two weeks I allowed after contacting the seller and I doubt they ever would have arrived. This really gives a new meaning to "slow boat from China".

These are low dollar items with free shipping (multi meter test leads) and I doubt they even have them. Since they are low dollar items, I  bet they are hoping the customer will forget or even bother to complain, so they are pocketing the money in most transactions without even having the item.

What an easy (fraudulent) way to make money.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Do ebay products from China actually get shipped?

There are no "ebay products".  ebay is no different than the "for sale ads" in your local newspaper.  You need to contact the seller, through the messaging system.  If no response, open a case for "item not received" and get your money back.  ebay is all about buyer protection, but you have to follow procedure.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Why would I want to get my money back and give the seller exactly what he wants, a way out.

Some of these sellers have no intention of supplying a product. They just hope few buyers complain and ask for a refund. The end result: free money from those that do not.

I gave this seller a full blown negative evaluation.

Just the other day, he asked if I want to have the item resent or a refund...now he just wants to give me a refund. Jeez, doesn't that sound like he  doesn't have a product at all. Sorry but he won't get off that easy. I want the item. Just ship the **bleep** thing...if he even has it.

This is not a shipping problem or I wold have received an item that I ordered back in January from another ebay China vendor. Four months...how are these shipped? On a slow boat from China?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

And furthermore, the seller asks me why I just don't buy the multimeter leads/probes locally?

What kind of stupid answer / advice is that if he is selling worldwide?

Winner of the low IQ award!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Further to my response above...

It took 52 days for the item to arrive. The listing states an estimated 12 to 23 days. It would be best if the seller revises his shipping estimates. Also, I think this was air-shipped recently because the packaging shows 4PX Worldwide Express.

I believe the latter took place after I filed a complaint with the seller and ebay. The package the item arrived in stated "AIR MAIL".

That makes me think the item was never shipped in the first place and only after I complained and wanted the item resent, that it was shipped "air mail". Also, it was shipped from Singapore, yet the item I ordered was located in China.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

" best if the seller revises his shipping estimates"

The seller does NOT control those estimated delivery dates.  That is done by eBay exclusively based on information supplied by the carrier and the service selected.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I gave this seller a full blown negative evaluation.

A weak response that will do little to correct his behaviour.

I'm sure the seller was delighted that you did so little.

When you open an Item Not Received dispute, the seller gets a Defect on his selling account.

If he does not pay up promptly, he gets a Violation.

You are then refunded by Paypal, who go after the seller for their money. Since PP is the way he gets paid by his customers, this is not a Good Thing. Among other things, PP can Hold his customers future payments for up to 21 days against his good behaviour or even close the account completely, making it impossible for him to sell and get paid.

The Defects and Violations on a seller's account can lead to increased fees, restrictions on the number and value of listings, or even the closure of the seller's account.

So negative feedback. Pffft!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply