EBAY PROTECTS THIEVES & LOVES TO PROFIT FROM THEIR SCAMS

I recently was the victim of a scammer on eBay who shipped me something different from what their ad had illustrated. This seller over several months promised to ship me the correct item however they broke their promise & did not follow through.

Unfortunately too much time had past (beyond the 45 days) & eBay, even though there was documented proof in the form of messages this seller sent me within eBay's system, stated it could do nothing for me.

To make matters worse; even though eBay acknowledged that this seller had ripped me off the Ebay representative stated they would not prevent this seller from continuing to list on eBay.

So from my experience (both in this instance & on previous occasions) what this basically all boils down to is that eBay is not really interested in preventing its members from being ripped off, as long as there is money to be made.

Of course eBay will take down this comment promply, as it does not want the truth to get out.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: EBAY PROTECTS THIEVES & LOVES TO PROFIT FROM THEIR SCAMS

Yes, I am closing  my account today, as I was ripped off by .  EBAy sucks

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

ebay couldn't care less about your comment - I've seen far wose stay up for months.

And you seem to have a lot of problems with 7 sellers out of the 244 feedbacks you've left.

You've been here 11 years - you ought to know by now that there is an inflexible 45 day limit for refunds.  However, since you've let that slide by, if you paid ith a credit card, do a CC chargeback.

As for the rest of the post, we can't hear the other side of the story, so I'm reserving judgement about what may have actually happened.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Re: "ebay couldn't care less about your comment - I've seen far wose stay up for months"

What a brilliantly thoughtful insight, are there any more revelations that you'd like to share? \

Re: "And you seem to have a lot of problems with 7 sellers out of the 244 feedbacks you've left."

You seem to have a lot of spare time on your hands,  far beyond the scope of my original comment.

Re: "You've been here 11 years - you ought to know by now that there is an inflexible 45 day limit for refunds.  However, since you've let that slide by, if you paid ith a credit card, do a CC chargeback."

I'd take the time to explain to you why I didn't file an official dispute with eBay, if I thought your opinion on this subject (or any other)  warranted the effort.

Re: "As for the rest of the post, we can't hear the other side of the story, so I'm reserving judgement about what may have actually happened."

You're reserving judgement? Oh no, no, no...

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

surpluddealdude: "And you seem to have a lot of problems with 7 sellers out of the 244 feedbacks you've left."

In fact what kind of 'person' snoops through a complete stranger's transaction history, far beyond the scope of the topic on hand, only to in turn leave a condescending comment which serves no constructive purpose???

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

As blunt as the comment is, it is fairly accurate, unfortunately. I've read many comments, similar in nature to yours, and while ebay take action in some cases, they dont always. In your case, they revert back to quoting policy and procedure, small comfort to those who have been swindled.

Examining a person's history is not something new before replying to a question. Sometimes, the person posting does not include the item number (which you can post) or the seller (which you can't post). I have seen a number of instances where a board post from a member is negated by the way they comment on the seller. I dont always agree with the way ebay does things.

Cuppa Joe!

Rick
"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity" - Frank Leahy
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

To be blunt, I'm just getting sick of some posters, there seems to be more and more lately, that say things like ebay are thieves, Paypal are morons, etc. etc.  In this case, you openly admit you were over the 45 day limit.........WHY???

Sure in some instances people will get upset, but when contacting ebay or Paypal or for that matter a seller with any kind of attitude 'aint going to get you ANYWHERE. 

Any time I've had to contact any of these people I've had nothing but great help.  I remember reaching ebay about something and the Rep didn't seem to know too much.....no problem.....I kept calm and asked if she could put me on to someone who might know - question was answered in seconds.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply