EBay has sent me an email that an item is not available after payment and shipping has taken place.

EBay has sent me an email that an item is no longer available after my payment was processed and the item shipped with a tracking number.  I contacted the seller and they said they have no idea why such an email would be sent. They thought it was an EBay messaging error.  Does this sound plausible?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

EBay has sent me an email that an item is not available after payment and shipping has taken place.

Did the seller give you a tracking number?

If so what is the current situation of the tracked package?

If you have a number and the item seems to be on its way, don't worry.

If you have no tracking number you have a few choices.

You can open a Dispute with Paypal and get refunded since the seller cannot prove delivery (and it is delivery,not shipping). If the purchase shows up after refund, you can return the refund through PP's Send Money service.

You can wait until the last estimated date that eBay gave you for delivery and open an Item Not Received Dispute.You will be

refunded since the seller cannot prove delivery (and it is delivery,not shipping). If the purchase shows up after refund, you can return the refund through PP's Send Money service.

The thing about glitches is that they are temporary, often lasting just a few minutes.

I realize that you do have tracking, but this will be read by others with similar problems.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply