Ebay 1 cent listing

Received last night an offer of 1 cent listing on 500 items.   Fixed price (30 days) or auction on dot com side.  I put a few items on this morning and all seems to be going through'

I don't ever recall something like this happening before.   Anyone else get the offer??

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Ebay 1 cent listing

Sounds odd..................please post the link

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Ebay 1 cent listing

Ebay 1 cent listing

It's on dotCOM as mentioned and is an invitational.

It doesn't apply to relists-- but Sell Similar seems to be allowed.

I'd guess they are trying to encourage new listings from established sellers  in time for the Christmas trade.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Ebay 1 cent listing

Invitation only, too bad 😞

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Ebay 1 cent listing

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't accept it due to eBay's insane final value fees.  Should I sold the item for a penny and I had to pay the fees which a penny won't cover!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Ebay 1 cent listing

I think that it is only the listing fee that is 1 cent as opposed to .30 cents.  It is not that you have to start it at 1 cent.  Many years ago they used to have that. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Ebay 1 cent listing

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't accept it due to eBay's insane final value fees.  Should I sold the item for a penny and I had to pay the fees which a penny won't cover!

That's "pay a reduced insertion fee of one cent" not list at one cent!

Insane Final Value Fees?? -- on a 1 cent sale the FVF is zero cents.

-..-

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Ebay 1 cent listing

Anonymous
Not applicable

What about final value fees on shipping cost?  1 cent is not hoping to cover it!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Ebay 1 cent listing

I think you are confused about the 1 cent.  It is the listing that is costing you 1 cent, you don't have to sell your item for 1 cent. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Ebay 1 cent listing

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I'd guess they are trying to encourage new listings from established sellers  in time for the Christmas trade.

I had to smile (wryly) at this promo.  What happened to free listings?  Or is eBay so hard up at the moment that those extra pennies will make a difference?  Let's see -- $0.01 x 500 listings = $5 per seller at most.  Things must be getting really bad. Woman LOL

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Ebay 1 cent listing

One thing I have noticed is since the listing in Can dollars on .ca was made compulsory, and I am registered in Canada, I have received no .com listing specials at all even though I list a lot on .com.

Prior to the split, they were a regular thing to receive

Just another way to punish canucks, which never seems to end.

I do know when my premium store subscription ends, I will go back to basic.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Ebay 1 cent listing

As you said the listings fees are not going to add up to much so it's more likely that they are just trying a different type of promotion to see how many listings it generates.   

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Ebay 1 cent listing

We so many moans about the 'high' cost of posting items that perhaps eBay decided to forget the cheapskates with their low value items who will only list for free  and aim for a slightly more sensible seller, who is willing to pay for listing stuff that has a good chance of selling.

Pass that saucer of cream?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply