Ebay can't help me. INAD Claim. PLEASE help

e_knny
Community Member

A buyer opened a return request for damage. first I offered a 50% refund and he can keep it, he declined. Then, I approved the return request and I messaged him saying I will reimburse him for the return shipping. I cant give him a prepaid return label because we are not in the same country.

He messaged me back saying he wants a 100% refund and he doesnt care about returning the item and that its my problem.

He then called ebay and had them close the return request but to open a INAD claim instead

I feel like Im following ebay rules and policies, but ebay cannot help me or give me a straight answer at all. I called ebay and ebay told me to just try to work it out with the buyer. I also received an email from ebay saying that if I can't work out a solution with the buyer then the buyer will be refunded fully and I will not get my item back.

I feel like this is ridiculous, I am TRYING to work it out. I am following ebay rules, it is not my fault if the buyer is not cooperative. SO it feels like at the end of day the buyer will get a refund and get to keep the item after all

Please someone help me

The only thing to do now is for me to paypal him the money first for the return shipping, and HOPE he will return it. if he doesnt return it then I lose that money too

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Ebay can't help me. INAD Claim. PLEASE help

I guess my question at this point is, what protection do I have if I paypal the return shipping cost to the buyer? Is this standard practice?

You have no protection against the buyer just keeping the money.

And this buyer does not seem willing to compromise.

I think on the whole, I would send the return shipping cost using PP's Send Money, and noting the weight and dimensions of your original parcel as well as the acceptable USPS shipping service. Probably First Class International Parcel (?) which includes Confirmaition of Delivery. And a link to that webpage on the USPS site.

All of which should be noted in the Dispute.

The he either keeps the money as a partial refund, which was your original suggestion, or he returns it using your money.

If the latter, you have a slightly less acceptable item back to resell after you have refunded his original payment.

Then call eBay Support and work on getting the neg removed as Feedback Extortion.

You've already added him to your Blocked Bidder List, right?

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Re: Ebay can't help me. INAD Claim. PLEASE help

There was no difference in the time it took to load pacificwinds photo and yours on my computer.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply