Ebay feedback is a joke

The whole Ebay feedback thing is a complete joke.
First instance i won an auction, i did have a problem with the seller upping the shipping after auction, but in the end sent full payment. The seller just kept refunding payment and refused to ship it. I left negative feedback and the seller just had it removed and when i contacted Ebay they gave me some BS and nothing i could do.
Second, i sold an item and the winning bidder just refused to pay. I sent several messages over a week and a half and no reply. I filed a non payment claim and tried to leave negative feedback, guess what, you can't. What a bloody joke, buyer just refuses to honour their bid and no consequence.
Frickin joke.
Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ebay feedback is a joke

The buyer did have a consequence and a more efficient one than revenge feedback from an irate seller.

When a seller wins an Unpaid Item Dispute, she gets her selling fees back.

The buyer cannot leave feedback. Do you think the buyer would leave positive feedback?

The buyer gets an Unpaid Item Strike. This is not visible to the general public, unlike Retractions which are on the bidder's feedback page.

But. Many if not most sellers have an automatic Block against deadbeats with UID Strikes so your bidder will find it harder in future to bid on millions of listings.

You can set that automatic Block on your own listings through your Seller Preferences. There are a few more Blocks there to consider.

I left negative feedback and the seller

The most effective feedback is calm and factual. If you get vulgar or make accusations, the seller can have your feedback removed. More important, if angry and rude feedback is visible, your future buyers and sellers can read it and form an opinion of you. This is not going to be a good thing.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Ebay feedback is a joke

You work for Ebay or something? Feedback system is a joke. I bet you less than 5% of people even know you can block buyers with unpaid strikes. Theres no good reason why you shouldn't be able to lead negative feedback to buyers who don't pay so everyone knows. The guy just keeps his 100% feedback and noone knows he screwed someone.
My negative feedback was factual and no vulgarity was used and it was just removed.
Ebay is becoming a huge joke.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply