Ebay suck royally

A Buyer bought an item from me on December 5th 2013 and there was a huge snow storm.  Canada Post doesn't do pickup in the weekend so I mailed his item on December 9th. On December 11th 2013 this guy opens a case with Ebay stating that he didn't receive his item yet and he wants a refund.. He didn't email me at all or inquire about it I live in Canada and he lives in the States. Clearly this guy is a pain to deal with. Like cmon we are in different country and this guy needs to be a little bit more patient since it's the Holidays and it may be a little bit slow. Also if customs takes his sweet time then it's not my fault. So at the end I lost. This guy received my item for free including shipping!!!!   So I am so done with Ebay... 

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Ebay suck royally

I didn't send the buyer a tracking number since I charged him only $10,00 of shipping. I try to get the lowest shipping rates as possible for the buyer to purchase my items..

He has bought a Windows 7 DVD for $25.00 + $10.00 shipping..

Message 2 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

Take the loss and move on .. The sad part is the only thing you can do is try to avoid neg and give him there money back with a fake apology well gritting your teeth ....

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

Remember to click on the Report Buyer link & politely state the facts.

eBay does take these reports seriously.

This is paramount as I somehow have the feeling they have done this previously.                                                                    

Explain that is it very difficult to compete with US Sellers as tracking from Canada starts around seventeen dollars.

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

Why blame eBay ("eBay suck") when the problem appears to be an impatient buyer?

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

A Very Impatient Buyer who will, unfortunately for the seller, be receiving a freebie.

Make sure, again, to Report The Buyer.

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

Try growing a thicker skin. I just refund and move along. I do not waste ANY emotional energy on eBay. It is not worth it.

Anything that goes poorly ONCE, in yer life, you quit that activity forever?

Getting out my tin foil hat.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

I'm on your side. You won't get much sympathy nor any support from most here. Most here are apparently multi millionaires, as it seems easy for some to absorb everything. I for one, am not. And I prefer to stand up for myself. A question was asked why it was eBays fault. Well let's see, if you have clearly stated in your listing that delivery will take 16 to 20 days. Then they should not allow a dispute to be opened.There is still plenty of time after that. eBay also sees all messages sent between buyer and seller. I would dispute any neg feedback or possible low DSR. I keep hearing about seller protection, HA!
Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

Most here are apparently multi millionaires

That is rude.

We do not believe in fighting non-winnable battles and banging our heads against the wall.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

It's not rude! Most every topic that comes up, all I hear is absorb, that's cost of doing business or self insure. Well, you can believe in what you like. But I believe in standing up for what's right. I believe in trying to stop these buyers taking advantage of sellers and the system. If that's what you call banging your head against the wall, well step aside son, cause I'm one for banging!
Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

In my opinion, this situation is far from over.

At this point:

- the buyer has their money back

- the package is still on its way

- the buyer may still leave feedback

- the buyer may still re-pay you when the item arrives.

These situations are inconvenient, but it is still very possible for you to turn the transaction around.

I've crafted form letters I use in situations like this, it helps to have them pre-written because all of us are grumpy when this happens and pre-written letters are safer.

You can use any portion of this wording you think would be worthwhile...(you're going to have to edit it because you have already refunded them)

Hi ????! Your stamps were mailed as promised on Mon. ??? 25. They do not have a tracking number, the Canada Post cost for this would have added another $15 to the shipping cost! It is very common for items to take longer this time of year, this is especially true to ?? from here. 3 to 4 weeks is not abnormal, I believe it is customs that causes the delay. Because a case is now open, I will refund you the money now out of my own funds. On the assumption that your stamps do arrive after that, please let me know so I can send another invoice and you can pay for them again (small lots like this are self insured so I am out 100% if they do not show up). It is very rare for packages to never arrive, over 99% of the time they just take longer than one would expect to get there. Have a great day!!!!

Using this process seems to have created a decent "conversion" rate, with folks either closing the case before I refund and before they get the item (which exposes them to me being dishonest by the way) or letting me know afterward and I invoice them/they pay again.... 

Maybe you'll be able to do a conversion!!!

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

A great suggestion!
Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

So, what are ya saying Ric? Stay calm and polite? Do yer best and hope for the same? Stay positive? Sounds like what a reasonable person would do.

I do not believe this is an adversarial system and refuse to treat it as such.
Photobucket
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

Absolutely! (Which is how I would like to be treated by a seller if it was me who hadn't received an item. It is interesting how impatient I can be awaiting something I've purchased to arrive vs what I "expect" of my buyers awaiting stuff they bought from me....!!!)

I wouldn't personally "report" the buyer until enough time went by that I figured a conversion wouldn't happen.

I also generally don't "block" the buyer till I see what happens with the conversion effort. For certain I normally don't block them until after they've left feedback, I blocked too soon one time and I turned a conversion into a problem as a result...... having said this every situation is different you have to decide on a "case by case" basis so to speak...
Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

My comment to stand up for oneself was implying that all pleasantries and efforts were exhausted with the buyer. And never said, claimed or implied that this was an adversarial system! I appreciate ricarmic's suggestion more than "grow a thicker skin". I found that it was more helpful, thought out and sympathetic to the OP's situation.
Message 15 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

@ricarmic wrote:
Absolutely! (Which is how I would like to be treated by a seller if it was me who hadn't received an item. It is interesting how impatient I can be awaiting something I've purchased to arrive vs what I "expect" of my buyers awaiting stuff they bought from me....!!!)

I wouldn't personally "report" the buyer until enough time went by that I figured a conversion wouldn't happen.

I also generally don't "block" the buyer till I see what happens with the conversion effort. For certain I normally don't block them until after they've left feedback, I blocked too soon one time and I turned a conversion into a problem as a result...... having said this every situation is different you have to decide on a "case by case" basis so to speak...

What? What is the matter with you? Even tempered, rational, no grudges? Bet yer not a scorekeeper either. My ex was a scorekeeper. Scorekeepers always want to fight, get even, punish.

I do not have the energy or desire to battle with customers. 99.9% are perfectly fine. Why waste any energy on the .1?

Photobucket
Message 16 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

Never Ever ill say that again, Never ever ship without tracking.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

Anonymous
Not applicable

The eBay system could set up the system to prevent any buyers to open any disputes until the certain amount of days passed.  It could set up that any buyers cannot open any disputes within 14 days, to allow the mail system to do its job.  It is eBay that allows the buyers to open the dispute way too early, that is his point about eBay being "suck".

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

I'm on the OP's side and yours 73rhc,

there are to many regulars on this board that need to be suspended for a while to cool down

yes, ebay selling experience can suck at time but OP, keep the big picture in mind

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

Ebay suck royally

Thanks, I agree!
Message 20 of 31
latest reply