Error code 70002

portfelt
Community Member

I get this error message when clicking on Pay Now after buying from a seller. This has only occurred once before in all the years I've been on eBay. The seller says he's been receiving payments from other buyers with no problems. I know it's not my problem as I can pay for items from other sellers on a regular basis. My best guess is it may be a PayPal computer system glitch and may be related to items listed in Cdn dollars. Calling PayPal or eBay would be a waste of time as their technical support hasn't been very helpful in the past. I will simply make a money transfer to settle with the seller. Anyone else experience this weird problem?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Error code 70002

There are other posts today about PayPal being glitchy. Problem fixed itself when they tried later. Last night I had a strange message and simply tried this morning and all was okay.

I would suggest that you just wait a couple of hours and try again. If that does not work, wait a few more hours and try again.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Yes, I tried paying again 8hrs later and the error code disappeared. The money was taken from my account, but there is still a problem. My eBay page indicates an hour glass instead of a dollar sign and this time the message is that PayPal is processing the payment. Logging into PayPal indicates the money has not been claimed. Meanwhile the seller is still waiting for his money and will not ship the item. What a joke!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Resolving this payment problem is turning into a soap opera. The seller has contacted PayPal to inquire why his account is not recognized and was assured the problem has been fixed. In reality, nothing has changed and I am getting frustrated with such incompetence. I'm  preparing to wind down my business with this latest fiasco. First it was the GSP which severely limited my ability to replenish my stock by erecting an iron curtain at the border. Worked well on the selling side as more Cdns were buying. Now the Cdn dollar has taken a nose-dive and the buying has dried up locally.  Time to pack it in as the writing is on the wall.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply