Expedited Parcel USA passed delivery standard date.

I shipped an item from Toronto to Texas using Canada Post Expedited but the item no longer updates since Feb 15 (Its in USORDS Chicago) the deliver standard was Feb 19 and the buyer is convinced its lost and wants a refund.

What do I do? I already sent a claim through Canada Post but that wont be resolved by their quoted date of May 25.  I've asked the seller to be patient but im worried he may go to ebay buyer protection and Ill have to refund him (knowing my luck the package will also arrive after I refund)

Tracking Info: same info on both canadapost and usps

CX540440790CA

This is my first post in community message boards and I have not had a shipping problem in over 150 transactions. No Idea what to do moving forward.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Expedited Parcel USA passed delivery standard date.

Yup Im using USPS tracking, the package is moving... 

Dont know why its says out for delivery in chicago, when the destination is in Texas, but hey its a start!

How long does it take for Canadapost to refund? Do they wait until the package is delivered? Do they even check the claims ticket? 

Originally I filed a claim ticket for item not delivered, I now see that there is a "Delivered Late (Refund) option.  I cant file another claim now because ive already done so. Will Canadapost still refund me or should I just call them?

Also of Note: I used Paypal Shipping to purchase and print the labels.

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Jnl,

USPS is not saying your parcel is out for delivery in Chicago, merely that it arrived at the USPS facility in Elk Grove Village, IL on March 2 (apparently after having languished at the USPS International Service Center Chicago for 2 weeks) and left that facility on March 3, no doubt on its way to La Porte, Texas, its final destination.

ISC Chicago is a major USPS clearing centre at Chicago O'Hare airport for mail from outside the USA. It's notorious as a facility where mail may get unaccountably stuck (ISC New York at JFK is another example). Your parcel to TX has now become unstuck and has passed through the Elk Grove, IL USPS station, which is very close to O'Hare. This is probably a normal transit point  on the route taken by a parcel that has arrived at ISC Chicago and is destined for some point in USA. Doubtless your parcel is on its way to Texas and will reach its final destination in the next few days.

Don't get your hopes up for a refund from Canada Post. Very likely ain't gonna happen. For Heaven's sake, the parcel was only mailed in Toronto on Feb 13. Mail sometimes gets delayed, stuff happens, so what? The wonder is, it doesn't happen more often. All in all, the mail is a great, ultra-reliable service that must be preserved.

Tom 

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

I believe the standard for CP refunding is 45 days. I have had the odd airmail parcel take five weeks. Vast majority sail through in days.

I have heard Americans complain about the Chicago facility.

Photobucket
Message 23 of 28
latest reply

Breaking news! Who'd a thunk it?! The parcel was delivered to the addressee today, March 6, at 0958 hrs local.

All this talk of a refund is just a waste of time and space.

Tom

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

I knew that.
Photobucket
Message 25 of 28
latest reply

I just wish some other people did.

Tom

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Well in the big picture 21 days is not that bad for delivering an 8lb 24"x24"x24" box the only worrying thing was the dissappearance of tracking for 15 days that sent the buyer into a messaging tailspin.

The package is delivered thanks to everyone for reassuring me, we shall see what happens on May 25th (my claim date)

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

The package is delivered thanks to everyone for reassuring me, we shall see what happens on May 25th (my claim date)

That would be the claim for insurance that comes with expedited but since the parcel was delivered the claim will probably be closed.

What are you expecting to happen?

Message 28 of 28
latest reply