FOR MIRIAM: PayPal

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Miriam,

Yesterday eBay/PayPal posted the following message.

May 30, 2008 | 04:00PM PST/PT

We are aware that some customers may not be receiving payment notification emails.
As a work around, transaction details can be referenced through PayPal in the Recent Activity or History sections of your account.

While I can appreciate that sellers are able to go to PayPal and look through Recent Activity or History, it is quite inconvenient. I know that with as many payments that I get in that I have missed a few and I'm sure that there are much larger sellers out there that have missed a lot.

We pay a service to PayPal and in return we should be able to expect that PayPal will deliver Payment Notifications to our inbox.

This is not happening on a regular basis AND HAS NOT been happening for the past 6 weeks if not more.

Why is it that PayPal can not fix this problem? When can we expect a fix? It's been way to long.

Your help in finding out the true answer to these questions would be most appreciated. I've called PayPal and basically all I get is, "Sorry. You'll have to manually look for your payments."

Not acceptable.

Thanks for your help!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

tea_past_times
Community Member
But be optimistic!!
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

It's inconceivable that there are still so many bugs in paypal and ebay software after so many years with millions of users and billions of revenue 😞

Who's accountable?
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

My paypal fee seem to be higher than 2.5% so i gave them a call yesterday and i had to spent over 45 minutes (from my very busy schedule) on the phone with this guy and he puts me on hold no less than 6 times.

Many of these paypal/ebay personnel are so poorly trained it's not funny anymore 😞

Most of the time they just send you a FORM letter; they really ought to do a focus group with powersellers and get to know how the system works in real live.
Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Now thats a real polite way of saying "GET LOST TPT" - roflmao.

Touche momftwingles2!
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Well I live in a small rural town in Midwestern Ontario, where all the manufacturing jobs are leaving, so I think everything that Paypal does is wonderful and anyone who doesn't agree could be anti-American.
Message 6 of 22
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
And respectively should have been spelled RESPECTFULLY
Message 7 of 22
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
Ontario is EAST of Saskatchewan.
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Yes, T you are right....for once...I meant to write respectfully.

Thank you for pointing out my error.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi futuretech,

You are right! I was trying to say exactly that in a nice way!

Hope you have a busy, busy weekend!

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 10 of 22
latest reply

miriam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi momoftwingles2,

I know there have been problems with these notifications as of late - I can't claim to have a ton of knowledge about what's causing the problem as I don't work on the PayPal side of the business (and changes on the eBay side have been keeping me hopping).

That said, I can bring your concerns forward to the PayPal team and see what I can learn about the notification issue at the same time.

I will keep you posted as I learn more.

Thanks,

Miriam
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Thank you, Miriam.

I appreciate your response and any help that you may be able to give in getting the message through to PayPal.

Have a good day!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Another few payment notifications not forwarded by PP the last 5-6 days, two of them for non-eBay sales (egg on my face after I asked both buyers why they were not paying).

Oh, no big deal... it's only been going on for about 6 weeks now!

I think the problem is that PP is just not charging us sellers enough of a commission. Perhaps we should all agree to pay them at least 10% on every transaction, seeing that the billions they rake in at present do not suffice to hire a senior programmer.

And if that does not work, let's up the commission to 20%

Xena
Message 13 of 22
latest reply

paypal is a freaking joke, spent over 45 minutes last week with them just last week about fees, the guy who took the call had no idea what he is talking about, putting me on hold no less than six times.

i am not getting any notifications either 😞
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

faerywishes
Community Member
I've had to call Paypal twice recently because I wasn't notified of a buyers payment. The buyers payment was pending and after about 15 days it was still pending. I contacted the buyer to find out if she knew what happened to the payment. She came back to me saying it had cleared 5 days earlier and she was wondering why she didn't receive a notification from me saying it had been shipped. So I checked Paypal and there it was complete. I contacted Paypal and got an agent that was very rude and said she didn't know why. I asked if she could check. She came back about 10 min later saying no one knows. I asked for a supervisor and she disconnected the call. I called back again got a agent from India, he was very polite and kept putting me on hold. I again asked for a supervisor. She had no answers either and she was rude. I asked to speak to someone else and she said she couldn't transfer me and besides they'll tell you the same thing I am. So I asked for her name and ID. She then told me she would research it and email. I asked when I could expect it, she said 48 hours. Well I'm still waiting and no it wasn't only 48 hours ago, it was 3 weeks ago. So now I waste my time checking my pending payments to see if they have cleared. Anytime I contact them the agents never have any answers. They definitely need more training. Paypal agents certainly test my patience. I hate having to call becaue I get no where and all it does is waste my time. I'm a customer service supervisor for a major us credit card company and they have glitches or problems from time to time, but we do know how to give some info. It would have been great to hear that they know there is a problem and they are working diligently to correct the problem asap in the meantime we apologize for any incovenience. How hard is that? When the company won't take ownership of a problem how confident am I with them?
Message 15 of 22
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
I called Paypal last night,(about a payment reversal) got through in 15 minutes, got a thorough explanation of my issue, from a very polite agent. In the end the payment in question was covered under the seller protection plan, and I'm getting the money back. Yay Paypal!!

I have no issue with their service. Their fees however are another story....
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

When shipping time is delayed due to late or no notification of payments, paypal response is "i don't know".

As a result, our rating suffered.

When ebay and paypal kept raising their fees, and we have to raise ours to cover for those expenses; as a result our rating suffered while they raked in the extra cash.

For smaller value items it is not uncommon they made as much or more than what i could profit from the sale.

And that's only on the tangible, labor and time are a total lost.
Message 17 of 22
latest reply

eBay is demanding from their sellers what they themselves don't provide. They see things through rose colored glasses from above the clouds and I am just someone with a negative attitude towards eBay. They are right, after 8 years on eBay as buyer/seller, I have turned negative in the past six months.
Message 18 of 22
latest reply

tea_past_times
Community Member
They are right, after 8 years on eBay as buyer/seller, I have turned negative in the past six months. .....

I went sour on January 29th 2008
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

miriam@ebay.com
Community Member
An update ...

PayPal is continuing to work on the payment notification problem ... they put a fix in place two days ago but need to monitor it for a couple more days to ensure it's fully working.

A long time coming, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel on this issue.

Thanks for your patience and for not shooting your messenger. 🙂

Cheers,

Miriam
Message 20 of 22
latest reply