Fake information from Global Shipping Center USA

I live in Canada and I ordered a mobile through ebay from a seller who lives in California. My item was shipped and it reached the Global Shipping center in a few days. After eternity i received a mail today morning saying that ' Item has been shipped from Global Shipping Center to your International destination'. After a few hours I again received a mail saying that ' Shipment is delayed-Special handling'. Which one is true?. I will never purchase from ebay again.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Fake information from Global Shipping Center USA

Hello 'shyamsreenivasan',

If you are suggesting that when it comes to GSP items it seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing,  you wouldn't be the first. 

<< a mail today ... ' Item has been shipped from Global Shipping Center to your International destination'. . . . again ... that ' Shipment is delayed-Special handling'.  Which one is true? >>

Probably both.  

Lots of people have bought mobiles (you mean a mobile phone, right?), even through the GSP and received their items and been very happy about it.  

Assuming that there is no problem with the item and that it has not been damaged or broken, -- whatever silly bits of non-information you get from the tracking page need not bother you.  

The item is on its way, and it should get to you eventually.  

Once it arrives in Canada, it may be handed off to any number of carriers, but Canada Post is usually the best so if you are so fortunate, you will get the most accurate information as to its whereabouts here:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1

If, however, you ever buy an item that does not arrive, the following link explains what to do when there is a problem:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html#notreceived

Ebay gives you 30 days to file a claim, although for many items that is simply not enough time so paypal gives you 180 days to file for restitution.  That's nearly 6 months.  So if you have bought something from overseas and it is coming by a slow boat, you still have lots of time to wait, receive and inspect the item.  

That 30-day thing is really for Americans buying and selling within their own country.

At the moment, however, if you do not receive your mobile eventually, you will have a devil of a time chasing down a refund, -- one of the best reasons to avoid GSP items.  

But it does not look like that will happen this time, so cross that bridge when you come to it.

<< I will never purchase from ebay again>>

Oh, no, no, no.  Ebay and that GSP are not synonymous entities.  Sure, sometimes it seems like GSP sellers are all there is, and maybe one day we will get a "no gsp" filter to screen them out.  Just avoid those listings.  

When searching for an item, check things like Item Location from the left side of the page, choose your criteria from the Sort bar, and do not even click on those listings which say in pale grey, 

Customs services and international tracking provided

That's a GSP listing, and you will live a far more stress-free life without it.  Find another seller who knows how to ship items internationally and has his listings set up accordingly.  It is even worth spending a little more money to deal with a competent seller directly.  

Best of luck, and happy shopping Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 2
latest reply