Free International Shipping yeah right

If you browse auction listings from the eBay site that is for that domain, such as U.S (.com) or U.K. (.co.uk) certain items have written in bold right below the listing "Free International Shipping." Yet navigate to the actual listing and it is never free. The only items I've ever seen that boldly state "Free International Shipping" that are actually free for shipping are from Japan or China.

eBay's system is littered with bugs (many continual long-standing) throughout, with stuff like this, false notifications in messaging, items bid on not showing up in the Activity tab until an entire day later, the Activity tab losing auctions I've recently won and not being able to see them again etc... Stupid bugs like every time for example I try to send a seller a question the system never recognizes the CAPTCHA the first time ever. The second time yup it will recognize it but never the first time. The notification system in eBay is absolutely useless, most of the time it notifies me that I have a new message long after I have read the message. I've submitted feedback many times to eBay about these things they don't care about the quality of their system or the user interface. The "Free International Shipping" bug which has been around for ages is yet another example of the poor quality of eBay's software.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: Free International Shipping yeah right

"Still getting way more listings on the .co.uk site than the .ca site (filtered to U.K.) for otherwise the exact same search. I noticed some on the .ca site say shipping not specified but the listings between the two sites are clearly different with the .co.uk having way more."

I totally notice the same thing and it irritates the heck outta me! Why can't I see all those listings on .ca?!? Agh! Sometimes when I wanna search for something globally I use an app called "ebay global"  or "geo-ship" and it searches every single eBay site for you, and does a good job from my experience with it. Good if you're looking for something specific, like size 9 Freebird boots, for example 😉

With regards to the "Free International Shipping" error, have you tried organizing the search by price+shipping lowest/highest? When you select either one of those, a little box opens up underneath it where you can enter your postal code. This has been a confusing point for me because if you have an incorrect postal/zip code entered, it will show you all sorts of inaccurate numbers!j

Yes eBay is full of glitches and seemingly moreso by the day. I'd hate to be tech support!!

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

Re: Free International Shipping yeah right

@marnotom! wrote:

@winepress780 wrote:

That's why the U.K. is superior Smiley Happy I can also see auctions for the European Union which you can't do on the .ca site.

This doesn't make the UK site superior.  It just makes it a source of information for listings that aren't set up for shipping to Canada.

No need to split hairs on an opinion.

Message 42 of 42
latest reply