Free listing promotion by invitation only....Apr 16

17 REPLIES 17

Fixed Price ONLY

Invitation ONLY

3, 5, 7, 10 and 30-day listings ONLY

10,000 Listings

April 16 - 18

The usual exclusions and optional fees apply.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Aw man! I didn't get this promo either again! That's two promos I didn't get in a row. Oh well. I'm going away in May anyway =,___= I'll just use up my free 50's.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I have been invited 🙂

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

pierrelebel-canada
Community Member

I have been invited too. 🙂

It has been a while since both selling IDs have been invited to the same promotion. It is usually one or the other.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

No invite for me, boo hoo ! On another note Pierre, am I reading this right ,

http://pages.ebay.ca/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2013/springfeesimplification.html?sspagename...

As I read it, eBay is going to charge me $.30 per listing after my 50 free ? If so, my budding career here is finished.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

"eBay is going to charge me $.30 per listing after my 50 free ?"

If you elect not to have an eBay store, that is correct once you have used your "free listings".

Now, keep in mind that a seller can have 50 "free listings" on eBay.ca AND 50 "free listings" on eBay.com

The new schedule also allows fixed price listings (duration 30 days) instead of auction format only (duration 7 days).

Many sellers may want to switch their auction listings to fixed price listings to get longer coverage.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Got an invitation as well,thank you :-),

but just  at 9.00am :-(.All previous invitations I received a day ahead,which allow me to prepare for free listings days.

Anyway  it's better than nothing.:-D

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

"It is hard enough to get started on eBay, and build a reputation as it is"

That is correct.

The question is what is most important to you:

Selling and paying eBay's high fees?

Selling much less and paying lower fees?

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Selling , and making some money is important to me. I will use the free listings here for sure, especially for high value items when I have them. Everything else will be posted elsewhere. Right now, it is not worth the price of a store to me in order to have more listings. Some months I do not sell enough to cover the fee, and others I do, and I am not willing to commit to a year long subscription to lower that fee. You just never know what unpleasant surprises that eBay may have on their minds for you around the next corner.

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Ah yes.  The flawed DSR system again raises its ugly head.  No invite to this promotion either because I am a bad, bad person.   

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

did anyone receive the additional invite to get a free month of upgrade in the new store format if you do it now rather than May 1st?   my US seller friends had that in their email.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Cena, I didn't even receive an invite to the free listings, never mind an invite for a free month of upgrade!

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

did anyone receive the additional invite to get a free month of upgrade in the new store format if you do it now rather than May 1st?   my US seller friends had that in their email.

Didn't get that one but I did get a notice on my non-store id that if I already used my 50 free for April they are giving me another 50 free for the second half of April.

As for this current promo, I got the invite but I'm still  working on last weeks Auction promo, those listings don't end until Saturday so I have to decide if I want to list all (or some) of my current auctions as Fixed Price as well, it means I'll have the same title running as both FP and Auction for 2 days.

One other thing to keep in mind for current Store sellers, the FVF's for FP listings in this promo will be subject to the old FVF rates.

In Media this means 13% instead of the new 10% rate which starts on May 1st (already in effect as of today for non-Store sellers).

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

One other thing to keep in mind for current Store sellers, the FVF's for FP listings in this promo will be subject to the old FVF rates.

That's how it works.....fvf is based on when it is listed, not when it is sold? That would make it worthwhile for me to list some higher priced items.

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

That's how it works.....fvf is based on when it is listed, not when it is sold?

I'm pretty sure it works that way for Auctions, not sure about FP especially GTC FP.

That's "pretty sure" not "100% sure"!

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

" especially GTC FP."

The promotion does not cover GTC.  Problem solved!

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

" especially GTC FP."

The promotion does not cover GTC.  Problem solved!

True but for those that use them it may be of some importance at the end of the month when the fees for Store sellers transition to the new rates.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply