Free shipping but not?

pauch
Community Member

I have ordered an item from a seller within Canada for 241$.

The item states free shipping on the computer and yet I wake to a message this morning that says they cannot send as free shipping due to my location ( Still in Canada ).  He now wants to charge me 75$ for shipping, is this fair?  The page does not show any exclusions and I am under the impression they must follow their add?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Free shipping but not?

marnotom!
Community Member

Was this item purchased under a different ID than the one in which you used to post your question?  I can't see any recent purchases for you so I can't check the listing for myself.

Would you be able to provide an item number?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Free shipping but not?

It is possible that the item was Free Shipping (really shipping included in asking price) for US addresses.

Domestic shipping is quite cheap in the USA.

Cross -border is not.

The $75 would be made up of the actual postage /shipping fee plus Delivery Confirmation with Signature. If the seller is using the Global Shipping Program there would also be Canadian Sales Taxes, Canadian Duty and a fee to Pitney Bowes who would actually ship the item to Canada.

If he is not using the GSP, you can add $10 service fee to Canada Post plus the duty and taxes as applicable. If he instead uses a courier like UPS, the deliveryman on your doorstep will demand a service fee of $25 or more plus tax and duty.

For an item of this value, the Global Shipping Program is your best bet.

The listing number would be a great help.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Free shipping but not?

Oh the seller is in Canada?

Hmm. Unusual, but depending on the dimensions and weight of the parcel it may be less expensive to ship to the USA than domestically.

Still. Listing number needed.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply