Global Shipping Program information showing on eBay.ca

In a search report one finds  the following wording

Customs services and international tracking provided

In a listing the following is indicated

No additional import charges at delivery! This item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking.

and then the cost

Import charges: US $__.__ (amount confirmed at checkout)

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Global Shipping Program information showing on eBay.ca

Really.........  does any of this matter to the average buyer?  

I don't think so......... buyers only care that their final cost is way beyond they have been used to paying.

The rest of it is purely academic................ and no one cares all that much about which part of the bill goes where.

I would think that it does matter to many buyers.I would like to know how much money is going to the gov't and how much is going to whoever is doing the brokerage. That's why many people don't use couriers for international mail as the brokerage charges are too expensive. On other sites they have wanted to charge me 13% hst which really annoys me since we don't have provincial tax in Alberta. I don't usually buy from those sites unless the item is a fantastic deal.

Also, If a seller is buying to resell, they can get back the gst paid on the ITC form. It's difficult to do that without knowing how much tax was charged. Obviously a person can do it backwards but there's no guarantee that it is accurate and tax is charged on the brokerage fee as well but if you don't know what the brokerage fee is...
how do you know what the tax was.

If af is correct and it wouldn't surprise me if he is.. than I guess that it will never be broken down.

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

I now avoid all the sellers who  use the new Global Shipping Program. If they won't ship to Canada via USPS , I flat out refuse to use them. There is no way Ebay users should have to be continually charged for everything  and Nothing.  Just send it in the mail!!!!!  NO HANDLING CHARGES!!!

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

DEAR USA sellers

I will no long buy anything from a seller that uses EBAYs GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM.

I dont want priority post,I have been happy with first class all these years.I also dont want to pay for duty up front as 99.9% of my purchases never get tagged at customs.

Big rip off to Canadian buyers. If you dont want to mail to Canada...dont,but doubling postage to belong to this program will harm your business.

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

my feeling exactly.Im boycotting USA sellers who use this program.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

First you take the ebay bucks program from Canadian buys and now your GSP rips us off by taking our choice of USPS from us,which I have used for years and never had an item lost and by making us pay duty upfront on items that 99.9% of the time never gets stopped any way.

EBAY...I have a few things on the go here and then Im dumping your greedy ass.

I will buy from ESTY,the sellers directly or online.

You will feel the pressure,believe me its just a matter of time.

Poor USA sellers dont even know what they are getting themselves into.I have something in my watch list that shows a reasonable $15.00 USPS first class shipping.When I click on the item it show an exhorborant fee of $34.00 plus $4.00 up front duty???  ridiculous.

you guys suck!!!

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

Absolutely right!!!   Ebay might just as well be in government. All they can do, is sit down and figure out how they can get more money from the average guy!!  I'm fed up! 

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

Unfortunately most seller don't know what they have signed up for.

The import charge has no breakdown on the invoice. so it is likely we cannot claim GST/HST credits in tax if you are buying for a business.

They probably don't want to show you the breakdown because a huge part of it is Pitney Bowes fee. 

Message 27 of 27
latest reply