HS code help now please

I am trying to ship a Playstation Dance Mat to the USA, first time I have seen this stupid HS thing.  The code I am getting is 10 digits, and paypal shipping won't accept the code.  I keep getting "put a valid 6-13 digit code to continue.  So what I am doing wrong?  I need to ship this out today.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

HS code help now please

I just put in the first 6 numbers, there are often zeros at the end, they can just be deleted.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

HS code help now please

No decimal point.
Photobucket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

HS code help now please

I just put in the first 6 numbers, there are often zeros at the end, they can just be deleted.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

HS code help now please

No decimal point.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

HS code help now please

It worked thanks so much for the super fast help. I took out all the decimal points and removed all the zeros except one to make six digits. 🙂
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

HS code help now please

Sorry to hijack this post but I think it's related...So obviously this is a new thing that paypal shipping is making us put the HS code in as I've never had to put it in before. Most of my stuff is around $30 and it's been my understanding that stuff in that price range usually doesn't get stopped for duty calculation (or maybe falls in the not applicable category anyway). But, I've now put the Hs codes in this week and I'm wondering if that's going to change the way my shipments are viewed, are they going to start being more picky or will they now be slowed at customs? Anyone have any insight? TIA

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

HS code help now please

I don't think this has anything to do will paypal other than they have to implement the system. This is the result of the Canada - China free trade agreement that Harper went to Russia to sign with China recently without informing Canadians of the content of the agreement. Canada Post was implementing the HS Code system last week and that is why the PayPal/Canada Post shipping labels were not printing for many days. I had not been informed of this change by Ebay, PayPal, or Canada Post, yet, I am a regular customer of all three. If I am wrong I stand to be corrected.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply