HS error code when printing Canada Post labels

Hi all:  Here is the fix for anyone who is trying to print shipping labels using Paypal and keeps getting the error message.

After you have found the right HS code for the item (on the Canada Post website), when you fill it in on your label  DO NOT INCLUDE the period in the number.......eg CP website code for porcelain is 6914.00  but in the HS field on the Paypal site just put 691400.

I spent 1/2 and hour on phone support with PP last night and another 1/2 hour with Canada Post this morning to find that you. I was able to print my international labels after using that fix.

Isn't it amazing that 2 huge companies implement a major change to how a form must be filled in to be able to process it and obviously neither one of them actually tried to do one.........otherwise they would have know that it would not work!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

portfelt
Community Member

It's been one problem after another with PayPal lately.  Hard to keep the business going when services you rely on keep messing up. I had to pay cash to ship a recent item because of this HS **bleep**. Thanks for doing the legwork.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

It is very frustrating when things like that happen and they should have checked it and/or had some instructions before going live.

Before spending time with customer service or spending extra money, it is a good idea to do a search on the forum to see if anyone else has had the same issue and has come up with a solution. It is often the fastest way to find out the correct info. 🙂

Message 3 of 3
latest reply