Has anyone used a drop shipping company for products to sell on e-bay and if so how did it go

Just wondering if anyone has used products from a drop shipping company to sell here and if so how did it go? Did you making any money doing this? Also could anyone recommend a drop shipper? I am considering Drop Ship Design.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Has anyone used a drop shipping company for products to sell on e-bay and if so how did it go

I personally have never used a dropshipper.

Smart sellers do not use drop shippers. They make all the money while the seller gets all the headaches as well as negative feedback when the item is out of stock or not as described. Now that ebay has seller defects which punishes sellers even more than before, using a dropshipper can get a seller banned for life from ebay because of things out of the seller's control.

Dropshippers are out to make money. There's nothing wrong with that except the lie about you making money. They promise you that the money will come rolling in. All lies. 

The dropshippers never tell you that there could be thousands of other people that signed up with them selling the same thing so that means competition is high.

A few years ago, I went to a dropshippers website. They were promoting some laptops claiming those laptops were selling on ebay for around $900. The laptops they were selling would cost the unsuspecting ebay seller $450 each. The dropshipping showed a fake ebay list showing that those laptops were selling for $900 and more. Anyone with half a brain (me included) can easily go to ebay and search for that brand of laptop and see that, 1) they were not selling for $900 but for $400 - $500; 2) there were a lot of them listed but not very many were being sold.

This is an example of dropshipper lies that I personally witnessed. Another thing that I've seen with some dropshippers is that the items they have to offer are not in demand. How many people are interested in a guitar shaped Elvis clock? 

The risks wish dropshippers far exceed the rewards.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Instead go to the local Yellow Pages (the paper ones).

Look for products you know something about.

If you are a plumber, look under Plumbing Supplies- Wholesale.

If you are a hairdresser, look under Beauty Products- Wholesale.

You will always do better if you SELL WHAT YOU KNOW; KNOW WHAT YOU SELL.

(If salespeople drop by your place of business, ask them about end of lines, returned merchandise, and mixed lots.)

Look for not only manufacturers, but also importers, and wholesalers.

And liquidators. Have you ever watched The Liquidator on TV?

Expect to be asked for your sales tax number. In fact, if you are not asked for your number, you should assume you are paying retail prices.

Sellers get money back from the tax boys when they sell to a reseller who has a tax number. (There is also a good deal if you have your GST/PST/HST number and export your purchases.)

But dropshipping is a mug's game.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply