Help, I have a buyer from the US, who has just purchased 12 CD's from me. Please help!

Help, I have a buyer from the US, who has just purchased 14 CD's from me.  I am going to ship them all in one box, I have a venture one card, how do I do it when they have been purchased from both .ca and .com and I didn't offer combined shipping.   Can I do it online or should I go to the PO?  I told him that any savings in shipping I will give back to him. 

Never done this before, every time it has only been light packet.  

Can you walk me through it.

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Help, I have a buyer from the US, who has just purchased 12 CD's from me. Please help!

Has the buyer paid yet?

If not, invoice in both currency, but only charge shipping on one of the invoices. This is how I've done it in the past.

If both prices are in USD, but different sites I guess try to invoices on both sites, but only charge one shipping?

Purchase shipping labels online, Venture one I find only gives you better rates if you are consistently using the card. 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

No, split the shipping between the 2 so each will pay half. If it is all and none, he can pay for the none and not the all so you can lose a lot of money on shipping.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Help, I have a buyer from the US, who has just purchased 14 CD's from me.  I am going to ship them all in one box, I have a venture one card, how do I do it when they have been purchased from both .ca and .com and I didn't offer combined shipping.   Can I do it online or should I go to the PO?  I told him that any savings in shipping I will give back to him. 

Never done this before, every time it has only been light packet.  

Has your buyer already paid?

If yes, pick one of the paypal CD payments and buy shipping on paypal for all 14.

Since 14 cds is going to be more than 1kg you will have moved from Small Packet (under 1kg) into the Expedited Parcel USA category. Shipping discounts on paypal (assuming you can get the label to print) are better than at the post office for Expedited parcel. (no difference when using small packet)

You may want to check for the price difference between using 2 small packet parcels or 1 expedited parcel.

Refunding: figure out the cost difference (adjusted for currency) in CA$, divide by 14, and refund that amount (adjusted for currency, CA$ would be as is, US$x0.75 or current rate) for each PayPal payment

--

If the buyer has not yet paid, send 2 combined invoices. One for the CA$ items and one for the US$ items. And split the shipping cost between the two (adjusted for currency).

-..-

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

He has purchased 50 CD's from me and has 14 in a cart on ebay.com.  I am going to remove the immediate payment required from those ones and figure out how much it will cost and probably not charge any shipping as he has paid on the other 50.  

I estimate it to be about 6 kilo.  Would it be better to send it in one parcel or 2?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Have you cross checked to see what it will cost to print the same shipping label from Paypal?

The VentureOne card gives you a 5% discount, but the PP label can be as much as 17% off.

This assumes that PP is allowing labels to print today (an on and off problem recently) and that you own a printer.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

No I haven't.  This is all new to me.  I'm an expert at light packet but all the rest is new to me.  So using paypal, I can get up to a 17% discount, wow?   Do I need to do anything differently.  The buyer wasn't able to put the .ca ones in his card so paid for 50 CD's separately with shipping.   I am going to get him to commit to buy the .com ones and then put free/no shipping amount when I do the invoice, if that can work.  So far he has paid $180 in shipping, I am sure that will cover the shipping cost and I will be able to refund him the over charged shipping cost.  

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

1 expedited parcel.   $180 would cover it many times over

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

How would I process a paypal shipping label when he has paid for each item seperately.  I just want to issue one label for all of the 50 + 17 CD's.  

I have also gave him the option of sending the CD's without jewel cases to save him a bit of money.  

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

start a shipping label from one listing, put in the weight/dimension for the whole parcel.  The savings of not sending the cases would be farily minimal considering the total transaction here.  You are looking at $30 something to send it tracked expedited

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

It's unlikely that he will be able to commit to buy on .com because eBay often requires immediate payment on .com listings in which case he would have to pay for each one separately. But if he has them in the cart there, he may be able to request an invoice although the 'request an invoice' icon in the cart is often greyed out. That might happen if you don't have discounts set up...I'm not sure. In the future though, you should set up discounts on  both sites so that buyers can use the cart.

Yes, you do get about 18% discount on Expedited if you use paypal shipping and about 14% off for Tracked Packet. I don't if it would less expensive for more than 1 package, you would have to figure that out depending on the size and weight of the boxes. Expedited pricing is based on dimensional weight so don't use a box that is much bigger than what you need. 

I just quickly put 2 of your .ca listings in a cart on .ca and 2 .com items in a .com cart and neither cart is showing a discount or allowing me to ask seller for an invoice but perhaps your buyer will have better luck.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

On the shipping form you won't be able to list all items separately as there isn't room but you could average out the total weight and cost so that you just have to enter one line of info. For example..if there are 50 cd's that weigh a total of 6 kg for a total cost of $250 U.S. you could enter something like this

amount - 50

item - various cd's

price - $5  (the label will show 50 @ $5 each

weight  - 120 grams   (6 kgs divided by 50)

You can break it down more if you want to but I don't think that it really matters what the break down is as long as the total is correct.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply