How Much Do You Hate Seeing This...

Customs services and international tracking provided....

....when searching for stuff from American sellers. Ebay has lost a half-dozen sales from me alone this week. (If anyone has figured out how to eliminate sellers who use the Global Shipping Plan from Search, please let me know.)

Cheers!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Join the very, very long line of Canadian eBayers who hate and despise this program and want nothing to do with it.

Unfortunately eBay refuses to give us a way to filter out items being shipped with its pet program which means that the "Customs services and international tracking provided" blurb is all we have to avoid them. When you see that, don't click on the link, just keep searching.

I try to look at it the positive way: I think of all the money the GSP has saved me because of all the items I did not buy from the US. The money that used to go to US sellers is now being spent here in Canada instead.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

@billybishop72 wrote:

Customs services and international tracking provided....

....when searching for stuff from American sellers. Ebay has lost a half-dozen sales from me alone this week. (If anyone has figured out how to eliminate sellers who use the Global Shipping Plan from Search, please let me know.)

If you're searching using "Gallery View" for your search results--and it sounds as though you are--you're pretty much doing all you can to target sellers using the GSP.  At least, as Nevermind suggests, you don't have to click on the link to the listing.

And in fairness to the GSP, if the item is listed properly, the import charges usually come to less than what they would come to if the item were sent through the mail and the item was stopped by customs.  On the rare occasions when the $20 tax/duty-free limit is enforced by CBSA, Canada Post charges a processing fee of $9.95 on top of taxes owed.  The GSP's processing charge usually works out to around $5 and change, though that amount is increasing due to the plummeting value of the loonie.

This isn't an endorsement of the GSP but it is an attempt to put things in some sort of perspective.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply