How by-pass innapropriate legals restrictions?

briqc
Community Member

Hello,

I sell a lot of items without problem.

When I try to sell LEGO, I receive the classic message:

''Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.''

I verify. I can't see this item on my computer at home. One of my friend verify on is computer at is home, same problem. I can see this item on my iPhone... Who can see my item and who can't? Costumer service can't tell me any information.

Somebody know how by-pass this problem? The system identify my item (for the restriction) by the description? The title? The category? Somebody as a solution? I have hundreds of item (LEGO) to sell...

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi .. Not uncommon for puters located in Quebec.. Ebay restriction filters on accepted-language and is likely locating you in France.. what i suggested here works most of the time. I would remove german DE from languages as well as FR...

http://community.ebay.ca/question/Buying-On-Ebay/Message-On-Fragrances/3000005103?#msg3000034240

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Hi .. Not uncommon for puters located in Quebec.. Ebay restriction filters on accepted-language and is likely locating you in France.. what i suggested here works most of the time. I would remove german DE from languages as well as FR...

http://community.ebay.ca/question/Buying-On-Ebay/Message-On-Fragrances/3000005103?#msg3000034240

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi!  I know several people that has the same problem and now it is my turn................ON MY LISTING !!!! Got approx. 665 lots listed but only 137 are shown, all other will show the famous annoying message "Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions". However, my brother that is a buyer of coins, had the same problem with a Canadian coins seller, but found out that it worked with Explorer, but not with Google Chrome or Firefox.

I don't know what is the problem with ebay, but this affect the sale, therefore less selling fees for them.......and this is going on at least since January, they complain about not making enough money, but there is someone incompetent at Ebay and the administration don't seem to care about loosing money ?!?!?!?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hello Heidilynn,
Makes sense, I live in Switzerland, close to the French border but PC seems to register me in Zürich, near Germany... and all visible on cell phone.. bon, how do I "remove german DE from languages as well as FR..."?
Thank you 🐵
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

use ie8 it works all the time

Message 5 of 5
latest reply