How can I see what my listings in Candian dollars dispplay in US dollars?

Somehow I can not figure out this...

Sure many of you can give the guidance.

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How can I see what my listings in Candian dollars dispplay in US dollars?

If you look at one of your listings on .com and then click on see other items, search view will show you the $US dollar equivalent.

The listing that you gave the link for shows this on .com:

Price:

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

You can log into ebay.com, search for one of your items, and it will show in USD.  Here is the one of yours I searched.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WARSZAWA-Aleje-Jerozolimskie-Jerusalem-Avenue-Vintage-Polish-postcard-/31159...

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Thank you,

but this particular item (and many others are still  listed in US dollars).

I change my listings to Canadian currency and books are my priority. 

I tried to enter US eBay as well but got my Canadian listing displayed in Canadian dollars

My question arose because I received an offer from US buyer for certain reduction on combined amount (item + shipping) and I wanted to know what system displays to him(her).

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Try to click on the listing and then go to the url at the top of the page and retype .com over top of ebay.ca. It will show you the USD equivalent below the CAD price. 

Price:
C $7.99
Approximately US $6.32

Screen Shot 2016-04-23 at 1.22.29 PM.png

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Link please?

This is my POSTING id.
Message 5 of 18
latest reply

for some reason(s) it does not work for me... tried on couple of other items as well.

May be because I am registered eBay.com as well? Although for few years I did not list anything through eBay.com.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

If you look at one of your listings on .com and then click on see other items, search view will show you the $US dollar equivalent.

The listing that you gave the link for shows this on .com:

Price:
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I just asked my relative in the USA to see the listing and she wrote that the system displays ONLY in Canadian currency $7.99 + $5.95 shipping.

I was under impression that buyers will see the currency in accordance with their subscriptions' site.

Woman Surprised

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

at the same time may be it was because my relative look on my link...  

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

It depends on the site that you are doing the search on. It has nothing to do with where you are registered.

Was your relative looking on .ca or .com?

In the listing itself, the shipping on .com will show only in Can $ but in search view, it will show both the price and shipping  in $US 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

I see the price conversions perfectly fine at .com...http://www.ebay.com/itm/311586269648?euid=6185c367d284401fa2e99e1f8fdd8a01&cp=1/

Alex

This is my POSTING id.
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Most of my light items are listed with FREE SHIPPING in Canada but the system displays it as FREE INTERNATIONAL LISTING which is not right... While I am checking other listings I see US prices but when I press any particular item I see again only Canadian price and Canadian shipping.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

It is right for you because upi would have free shipping as you are in Canada. It says free 'international' shipping because you are on an international site.  If you want to see what the search page for someone from the U.S. looks like do this.....

On the search page in lowest price + shipping mode change your location to the U.S. on the top right. I usually use zip code 92210. You might have to refresh the page.  Then you can look at it in whatever mode you want...best match..highest price etc.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

While I am checking other listings I see US prices but when I press any particular item I see again only Canadian price and Canadian shipping.

You don't see the $US price in light letters underneath the $C price when you open  the listing?  Are you seeing the $US price in search mode?  If not...on the top right click on view -- customize ---then check off convert prices to $US dollars. That will allow you to see the US price in search view...it won't make a difference to the view in the actual listing.
Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Here is one and what the US site shows.

1941 Collector's item! THE QUADRATURE OF THE CIRCLE КВАДРАТУРА КРУГА in Russian

• 9m left
Message 16 of 18
latest reply

When you look at the listing, it shows this

Price:
C $44.99
Approximately US $35.57

and this for shipping

Shipping:
C $3.50 (approx. US $2.77) Canada Post Light Packet USA
Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Thank you all for your guidance.

I understand now that first I have to switch to eBay.com and then do "See other listings".

I think that with my experience of over 15 years of selling on eBay I knew and used to take these routes and to attend proper screens.

The recent pressure related to currency conversion takes a lot from me and some of very simple steps look like Einstein's theory of relativity.

Most of my books are already on Canadian currency, but cards and drawings mostly in US currency. Hope the changes promised for May 2 will bring some relief.

In the meantime I have buyers who buy card(s) and book(s) on the same visit and therefore two billings to be issued (in US and Canadian currencies) with explanations.... Some more pressure... But will do it as much as needed... Glad people are buying!

Thank you for listening and for your help

Message 18 of 18
latest reply