How do I change for ebay currency to charge only in USD not CAD?

glenboro
Community Member

Hello fellow Canadians, I'm just having an out of luck how to approach this problem although I tried various methods to get it work. Basically my problem I want all the items listed in USD but it seems like some of items are listed as USD but some items are listed only in CAD even though the seller can receive either in CAD or USD. Is there any settings I can choose this? 

Kind regards,

John

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

On every eBay site, you can sell only in the national currency of that site.

On eBaydotCA you can only sell in loonies.

On eBaydotCOM you can only sell in US dollars.

On eBaydotDE you can only sell in euros.

If you want to sell in US dollars, you will have to list on eBaydotCOM.

The tradeoff is that you MUST also use Flat Rate Shipping since dotCOM only supports USPS shipping (and other US couriers).

With eBaydotCA (eBay Canada) you have access to the full range of Canada Post shipping services (and of some Canada based couriers).

So.

Are the items you plan to sell larger than 2cm thick and/or 500 grams in weight?

Then they need to be sent Parcel Rates.

These rates depend on dimensions, weight and DESTINATION.

Rates can vary widely and such items are best listed on dotCA.

If your planned items are under 2cm and 500 grams they can ship LetterPost/Light Packet and these rates are Flat Rates based only on dimensions and weight.

These items can be reasonably listed on dotCA or on dotCOM.

Do you have a digital METRIC scale and a tape measure?

Weigh and measure the packaged items you plan to sell.

Will they ship LP or must you use Parcel Rates?

Here is the Canada Post webpage you need to consider.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Take your time.

Shipping is the hardest part of selling online (not just on eBay) and you will make mistakes.

Also did you realize that when you make a sale, your customer's cleared payment will take 21 days before it is released from the Paypal HOLD on new sellers' payments.

And that you can get a discount from PO counter rates on some services from 5% to 18% by using PP's shipping labels.

Lots to learn.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Are you buying or selling?

Selling:

Create your listings on eBay.COM for US$

eBay.CA is now Canadian$ only.

Buying:

Paypal pays the seller in the currency the listing was set up for. And will convert your money when you make the purchase (if you don't have a balance in that currency).

Message 3 of 3
latest reply