Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

How about Ebay negotiating with other carriers?

My "other" business has negotiated rates with Canpar for DOMESTIC shipments and we are now paying less for most shipments within Canada than we were for Canada Post. The nice thing about Canpar is the online tracking with every order, EXCELLENT custo...

New Subtitle - $.50

I list on the US site and see that Ebay is now offering the ability to offer a subtitle line for only $.50. Seems a bit high (in my opinion it should be free). (I don't know if the Cdn site offers the same) Jeff

WHY DO WE PAY FOR EXTRA INSURANCE WITH THE CARRIERS?

This is something that has always bothered me. Why do we pay to insure our products' safe passage to our customers? CP, UPS, Fedex all charge us for their mishandling of our goods. It is totally ridiculous that we are paying them extra should they sc...

Bidder doesn't want the item...what to do???

Hi there, I just had an auction close, and soon after I sent payment info etc, I received an email back saying that her daughter had put the bid in, without her knowledge and "sorry for the inconvenience". The bidder has zero feedback and registered ...

I need help composing a reply to this rude buyer.

I just received this email from an buyer. This is the complete email. I'm a bit peeved at the curtness of the email and I did compose a reply, but I haven't sent it as I know it's probably a mistake to send it as it's a wee bit confrontational which ...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 33 replies
  • 0 helpful

~~Inadvertently Paid Twice for an Item~~

What happens if you accidently pay twice for the same item with Paypal? A friend of mine did this and she's really upset about it. She emailed the seller and he didn't respond. She emailed Paypal and they didn't respond. Is there a way out of this or...

• 14 replies
  • 0 helpful

IMPROPER CATEGORY LISTING

I SENT SINCE THREE WEEKS MESSAGES TO EBAY TO LET THEM KNOW THAT A SELLER WAS IMPROPER CATEGORY LISTING AND NOTHING CHANGE AT ALL. WHAT CAN I DO BECAUSE IT CAUSE ME PREJUDICE ?

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

A couple of questions on the Canada Post operations... please help

A couple of questions here... 1. I have always been wondering how Canada Post takes our packages to the USA. Let's say... our small-packet airmail parcels... commercial airlines? canada post airlines? by trailers (hopefully not!). 2. Also, does anyon...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Filling out those little green customs forms - a clarification

After listening to other sellers at eBayOnTheRoad in Vancouver, I realized that a lot of people think that they must check either the box that says GIFT or SAMPLE OF MERCHANDISE on the green Customs form. This is not correct. If you read the form, it...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

How Do You Get PayPal Listed under "Payment Methods Accepted"?

Can someone please tell me how do you get PayPal listed under "Payment Methods Accepted" on an Ebay Auction Listing? When I go to check Payment Methods Accepted, I can only check the following boxes:-Email Money Transfer-Money Order & Cashiers Cheque...

Please teach me lol

Hi! I was just wondering : what is the difference between Featured Plus and Gallery Featured? And since thats the same price... which one is best? Thanks for your comments!

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

WHAT AUCTION MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE ARE YOU USING?

I'm currently using Auctiva. I don't recommend it. It expensive, it awkward. I'm not renewing my subscription. I tried paypal and ebay crap. Not recommended either. I'm really looking for something that can download sales data into my quickbooks pro....

• 24 replies
  • 0 helpful

Another example of VCD Software VS Counter

I have a level 2 account discount with Canada Post. YCS was right when he said that VCD is not giving the correct discount when the online or VCD software is used. Here is my example: 29cm x 27cm x 12cm, 3.017Kg to zip code 10002. VCD Quoted $21.88 i...

Do you accept Canadian funds?

Am I off my rocker for not accepting Canadian $ ? I list in U.S. and my banking is in the U.S. Once a month sometimes more, I get asked how much to pay in Canadian and I explain that I only take payment in U.S. funds. Anyone else?

Anyone else using a PayPal debit card?

I just got mine and wondered if any of you helpful Cdn. PS'ers have any comments, concerns, pitfalls etc. that you might care to share. Your insights are appreciated.

True Story! Re: ebay welcome kits!

Ok, this no way implies my opinion of the "gift" or the powerseller program however...My 4 year old just strolled through my "office" buck naked with the powerseller window sticker planted firmly across her butt.Just thought I would share.

Powerseller Welcome Kits

Anyone get their Powerseller Welcome Kit yet that was supposed to go out at the end of September? Haven't got mine yet - just wondering if they've been delayed or maybe I got missed =(

• 52 replies
  • 0 helpful

RELEASE OF PERSONAL PHONE NUMBER BY EbAY

I receiveD an automated email from eBay advising me that someone interested in one of my items had received my personal information including home phone number from eBay. I didnt think that this information would be given freely by eBay unless there ...

The PowerSellers Credit Card is Here

Show your PowerSeller colours and earn eBay Anything Points with the new eBay PowerSellers MasterCard. This is an exclusive card just for PowerSellers. With your eBay Anything Points you will be able to purchase items on eBay. Apply today at www.appl...

Can't leave feedback after FVF Refund?

Is this something new? I filed for a FVF refund on an NPB yesterday (it was his third, so now he's NARU'd), then I went to leave a nice red feedback for him and it tells me I have no transactions with him. If this is a way to stop NPBs from leaving n...

Compare your CP discount to others here!

I am on the level 2 discount and I ship between 3,500 and 4,000 parcels per year. I have heard that other powersellers have negotiated better rates and I would like to compare with other sellers to see If I truly am getting the "best" available rate ...

~~Canada Post Fudges Their Prices~~

I always had a feeling that something wasn't kosher when prices seemed to vary on my shipments from week to week but today I saw it for a fact. I went to the Post Office to purchase an Xpresspost prepaid envelope for the US. All I needed was a 5 x 7 ...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Why no action against powersellers gone bad?

Ok, I know this came up a while back, but why is it that eBay still is not keeping an eye on current powersellers who go bad in a big way.. I just made a last second purchase from a Toronto based powerseller yesterday evening.. Seller was close to me...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Going Postal ;)

Hi Everyone, I do not remember which thread it is in, but a few of us were discussing the habits of the postal system when shipping into the USA. I wrote that I had heard, and wasnt sure if it was true or not, that there are only 3 places in all of t...

~~Relisting & Changing Categories~~

I would love to know what people's thoughts are on changing a category on a relist when the original category didn't get many hits. Is it considered dishonest to select a category that doesn't exactly fit the bill in an effort to acquire more hits? E...

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Darla, someone HELP!! ALL of my auctions have disappeared!!!

Is there anyone out there that can help?? I was just clicking around and checking out some auctions, and when I returned to my-eBay ALL 44 of my auctions have disappeared! ALL the auctions I have sold have disappeared....EVERYTHING IS GONE!!! WHAT DI...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.