Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

It seems like I have to enter my username and password more often

I used to just re-enter my eBay password once a day, after turning the computer on in the morning, or sometimes after being away from the computer for many hours. In the last couple weeks, it seems that I have to do this more often - after even 20 mi...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

TIP ON PAYING EBAY FEES TO SAVE YOU HUNDREDS!!

Maybe I am slow but it took me a while to stumble onto this one. I though I would share it encase anyone else is as slow as I. If you pay you Ebay fees via credit card, you are charged the credit card exchange rate. If you make a onetime payment from...

• 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

REGISTERED BUSINESSES (business number, taxes, import/export)???? ARE YOU LEGAL WITH THE CANADIAN GOV'T?

Hello, I have recently finished registering with the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) for a legal Business Number (BN) including a GST/HST number, an import/export number, and a payroll number. I've been speaking with governing officials and ...

• 32 replies
  • 0 helpful

I want to get rid of "Other Items that may Interest You" in My eBay

I find it distracting and in the way. There's an option in Preferences that allows you to check a box called "Show Other Items that may Interest You". I un-check it and save the settings. After a few minutes, the "Other Items" are back, and the box i...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

When using "relist" or "sell similar", auction length changes itself.

I do everything by Fixed Price Buy It Nows. Whenever I "relist" or "sell similar", I click through and SUBMIT the auction. I then usually have to edit the auction and reset the auction length back to 7 days, because it has changed itself to 3 days or...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

Unrecognized Silver Hallmark - Help!!

Does anyone know what a lion passant facing right would be? I have only seen English pieces with the lion passant facing left. Thanks. Here is a photo and brief description: We apologize for the size, however, the description is as follows: - Maker's...

The best time to list!

hello! this is my first post ever, woo hoo! is there a best time and/or day to list items? i guess it depends largely on your target market and what your items are. but, here is a theory i use, let me know if you think it makes any sense... PRIME TIM...

• 19 replies
  • 0 helpful

Provincial Sales Tax

I would like to know if in B.C. you need to pay provincial sales tax for sales to u.s. buyers. I know that Gst is not applicable but does anyone know about PST ? Thanks Dan

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal Confirmed Address for Canadian?

I got this email last week saying that Paypal will have confirmed addresses for Canadians. How is this going to work? Will we be part of seller protection policy if we send to a Canadian Confirmed Address now? I logged into paypal but wasnt able to g...

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal vs other money order options

I am trying to find out if anybody uses money order options exclusively (BidPay, PayingFast, etc.) and does this affect the number of bids they receive. Do you negotiate the fee involved? Do customers complain about the fees?

Immediate Payment Required Option

Hello all, I just became a PowerSeller today and found this board. I saw a few ebay auctions that have "Immediate Payment Required". however, when I am listing my auctions I do not see this option anywhere (I list on ebay.ca). Can anyone help me out?...

• 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Anyone know of any DropShippers?

Hello, I'm interested in starting to sell items or resell other people's items on ebay rather than simply websites and other internet-related items. Could any of you help me out or give me any advice about dropshippers? I'm not sure where to look or ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

another shipping question

as far as the customs forms are concerned does it matter if I check off the gift or merchandise box?

Shipping

I have been going to the post office to ship all of my items but now I am doing pretty heavy volume and I am finding it a bit overwhelming. I tried to get CP to pick it up at my house but the forms that you have to fill out for each item seems to mak...

Can I post an "on vacation" notice?

I have recently opened an eBay store and I was wondering if there is any way to tell bidders when I am on vacation and when I will be returning? Of course, during these periods, I won't have any items listed for sale. I hate to just "disappear". Than...

PayPal GST tab

Does any one know where the "add 7% gst" tab is on Paypal. I've looked hi and low and can't find it. TIA, hdwrench1

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

ITS HAPPENING AGAIN. ALL MY ADS HAVE GONE

I dont believe it but I just checked my eBay Items I'm selling and they have all gone again like they did 2 weeks ago. This is going to kill the business if we loose another Sunday within 2 weeks of it happening from before. Anyone else having the sa...

New features, comments?

I really like the new cross merchandising on the auction pages, in fact I was THAT close to paying a service as more and more sellers started having small galleries appear in thier auctions. Very cool feature. I noticed that the stores now have an op...

More Of The Short End of the Stick????

Not to complain about yet another perceived lack of equality between the US Powerseller program and our new Canadian one (OK, yes I am complaining...grrrrr), but here's another one. Apparently, the US eBay credit card holders are awarded a 2500 Anyth...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

FIRST TIME I have turned down a customer in 3 years

I received a very rude 2nd email from a customer saying basicaly, thanks for not answering me and I will rate my opinion of you publicly and so on...this person never even bid on my item. I do remember receiving their email and do remember sending it...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

I really need to vent. I've got this crazy bidder who is as thick as a concrete block. What would YOU do?

This bidder bid on an auction of mine back on 21 August. I never did receive payment and he sent several email and I replied. All were pretty civil.....basically, did you get?, not I didn't yet, type of emails. Then all of a sudden, BOOM, he started ...

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

Sales

So is it dead for everyone else as well? In the last week sales have dropped off to almost nothing. Ryan

What is wrong with my pictures?

Hi again everyone, I do not know what is wrong with my pictures. I have been using VillagePhotos.com to hos my pictures, because there are quite a few auctions I do that require more than one picture, and eBays system was just costing too much with a...

Can't change quantities in store listings?

This is so frustrating! I cannot change the quantities in any of my store listings. I list any extra stock I have in my store so its always available for sale, and then reduce the quantities available when I pull one out to put up for auction. Now I ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canadian PowerSeller Listing On Ebay.com.

Will listing auctions on Ebay.com effect my Canadian PowerSeller status? I am listing 50 new/tags items next week and would like to go through Ebay.com because I am targeting Americans for buyers and find that Ebay.com offers more. Will these listing...

Parcel Returned--Next Step?

Here's a new one for me. I mailed out a parcel of books Sept 20 to a buyer in Maryland. Just got it returned as "Unclaimed". Aside from emailing the buyer (which I did) is there anything else I should do?? How long do I wait for a reply?? He used Pay...

Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.