ITS HAPPENING AGAIN. ALL MY ADS HAVE GONE

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
I dont believe it but I just checked my eBay Items I'm selling and they have all gone again like they did 2 weeks ago.

This is going to kill the business if we loose another Sunday within 2 weeks of it happening from before.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
My individual ads are there but when I go to see "Other Items for Sale by amberwoodottawa", no other listings come up.

I hope eBay can fix this faster than last time.
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Me too Malcolm....I am getting SO fed up with this. I had someone that wanted me to put a BIN on one of my items. I am sure I'll miss the boat on that as well!!

Jackie...
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
I'm driving off to Toronto this afternoon and I hate to leave with this problem not sorted out.

I sincerely hope that eBay will communicate with us this time through the forums or by email or something as I cant afford to keep cecking the system all day to see what is and isnt working.

I am not a hppy camper as you think whatever problem created this mess 2 weeks ago would come back to haunt us again this week.

And why on Sunday??? It must be something eBay is doing with their system (backing up files or switching servers or something).

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

firedept10
Community Member
Hello,

Add me in. Just went to check on items being watched and all have taken flight.

Don
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Mine are back on, for now but I will have to wait and see fot how long!
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

radioforparents
Community Member
Mine were gone an hour ago, then back on...now gone again. ugh.
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Had anyone received any explanation from eBay about what caused the problem 2 Sundays ago, who were affected and what was done to prevent it from happening again or was that information put into an envelope with our coffee mugs?

I have run and managed many companies and corporations and we would be in communication immediately with the people that were affected by a problem at our end, especially if those people were relying on our services.

We certainly would be in communication afterwards to tell them that the problem was resolved and we wnsured that it would not happen again. If it was something out of our immediate control, we would tell them the steps we were taking to reduce the opportunity for it to happen again.

As an example, we are left with the burden of having to potentially answer our eBay customer's inquiries about our ads disappearing, their emails not going through or their bids not registering and all we can say is the problem lies with eBay and they dont tell us what the problem is/was, or if and when it will/may be corrected.

That is a customer we have likely lost for this sale and maybe future sales.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
What ads are you talking about? Or do you consider your auctions to be ads? Possibly you're talking about the ad banners at the top of the page?

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
My eBay auctions also serve as ads for my products so I sometimes call them my ads rather than my auctions.

Technically its really eBay's auction for some of my products anyway and not my auction.

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Well, I wasn't on the computer all day until now but I did notice that all of my auctions that ended today ended MUCH lower than typical, and a few that ALWAYS end meeting the rerserve didn't sell. I can only assume that these problems caused this. Another losing day. Thanks Ebay!!!! Thanks for nothing!
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
is it .com or .ca that's having the problems? Anything on the announcement board?

Mine seem to be fine, with no drop in bids. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed, you two might just jinx me!

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jsp?forum=87&thread=400027647&modifed=20031109103535
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
While it is reassuring to see that we Canadians arent singled out for having eBay downtime, I am extremely concerned at the fact that eBay communicated with the .coms and not a single message or word of assurance for us .ca's about the problems.

How difficult would it have been for eBay to send a generic message to all Power Sellers (.coms, .cas and any others they affected) through the forum about the problems and that they are working on it?

The .com PSers had direct feedback from their rep. on their forum.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Makes sense to me. Our money is good enough to take. Then we too should be good enough to reassure. SO tired of being treated like a second class citizen 😉

Jackie...
Message 15 of 26
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Well gang, it musta happened while I was out this afternoon. I have my info although I am aware of a payment for an item that has closed but that does not show up in Selling Manager.

OK eBay... somebody has been playing with the switches again, haven't they? What did we tell you about that?

It appears to be the Sunday crew at .com (cause we all know it will be several more months before .ca even thinks about getting Selling Manager) that doesn't have a clue. There is somebody that goes in, puts their feet up on the desk and smokes some "wacky tabacky", I'm sure.

Bill

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
That explains alot. I received an email from a guy in the US a couple of Sunday's ago, wondering why my auctions wouldn't open.

Is there anyway we can make a claim back to Ebay requesting a credit or extra day listing?

Jeff
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Actually, my biggest problem right now is that ALL ( and I mean ALL) of my buyers that are paying with PayPal are coming through as "Unconfirmed Address". I called PayPal on it this morning and they were very little help other than to blame eBay. They claim that a recent eBay update of user info has created a real mess.

The suggestion I got from PayPal was to refuse all payments and email my customers and ask them to go and re-confirm their addresses. Ya, right!!!!

Is anyone else seeing the phenomena? Has eBay and PayPal totally gone mad and are they trying to take us down with them? Is it tied in with the lunar eclipse? :<)

Enquiring minds want to know!!!

Cheers!

Bill

Bill

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Actually, ALL of my Paypals are coming through unconfirmed as well. I thought this was an odd coincidence, but looks like it's not a coincidence. HMMMMM!! What is going on????
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Deb, if you get a chance you can reach PayPal at 1-888-221-1161 to enquire.

It would be really interesting to see if you get the same story or if they have a long list of people to blame.

My biggest gripe with eBay (and now PayPal) has always been their lack of candor when problems arise. They seem to be of a mind to tell their customers "There is no problem... there is no problem... there is no problem... we fixed the problem" which enrages the entire community.

There is a problem, your customers know about the problem first hand and we need to know that you are aware of the problem and are working diligently to resolve the problem. Denying the existence of an issue or passing the buck does not make it go away (reminds me of that old Warner Bros. cartoon of the ostrich that buries its head in the sand because what it can't see can't hurt it).

On the .com PS'er board PayPal is now ignoring all questions and apparently PayPal technical support has stopped responding to emails from customers on this issue.

Bill

Message 20 of 26
latest reply