It seems like I have to enter my username and password more often

shooger
Community Member
I used to just re-enter my eBay password once a day, after turning the computer on in the morning, or sometimes after being away from the computer for many hours. In the last couple weeks, it seems that I have to do this more often - after even 20 minutes or so, and it now requires I enter my username as well as my password. I'm not aware of changing any settings that I know of. Is this happening with everyone else as well? It's quite annoying to have it pop up every time I turn around, and sometimes I lose information on forms I'm trying to submit.

Thanks for any reply.
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

deltone
Community Member
Apparently eBay recently changed the way they did things and with cookies, and this is why it's happening. It's not accidental, it's on purpose. Something to do with security. (????) I read it on one of the other forums but I'm too lazy to go find it and paste it here. LOL
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

acurael
Community Member
I've noticed this too - username and password on just about every other page - no change in my settings, so whatever it is, it's on ebay's end....
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
All, it would seem, are unfortunate security measures added to try and foil some of the accounts hijacking that is going on.

Bill

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
This is why I use Mozilla.org .It saves your passwords , You then seem to fly around ebay .

When you file NPB reports it will mean the world

when you file FVF it will mean more

Down load it I think you will find it easier to move around Ebay
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

thebidwatcher
Community Member
I know that ever since the SoBig virus scare, lots of computer companies now have firewalls and extra measures to clean out cookies and little boogers (that would be the technical term) on our computers. I am sure, for indstance that I have that on my computer.

So, every once and a while throughout the day, all my cookies are wiped out and I have to log in again. Better safe than sorry!

Lisa R.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply