Archive 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

eBay Restricting use of outdated Internet Security Protocol

Hi eBay Members, eBay has decided to restrict the use of outdated Internet Security Protocol, SSL 3.0, because we have determined that it does not meet our standards. As such, some Turbo Lister users could see some connectivity issues. For more infor...

Holiday Returns available in Turbo Lister

Hi Turbo Lister Users, The option to apply Holiday Returns in Turbo Lister is now available in the Beta version of the program. When deciding whether or not to be a Beta user, please keep in mind that the beta versions aren't free of bugs, nor are th...

HolidayReturns.jpg

Recent Issues w/Turbo Lister Sign In

Hi Turbo Lister Users, A recent Windows update has caused some programs, including Turbo Lister, to crash. To sign-in to Turbo Lister before the improved Windows update is released, please follow these steps: Open Internet Explorer Open the Tools men...

DEADBEAT BIDDERS

Hi All, Why don't we start a list of deadbeats and complete whackos here. It may save some of us a lot of grief. I have added idiots to my blocked list just because of their previous feedbacks. I 've got a doozie if I can find the bidders name. You H...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Duplicate "bids" on multiple item BIN's

/start rant... If you don't list multiple item BIN's you can probably skip this... I can't be the only one who has this happen. Newbie somehow manages to "bid" twice on a multiple item BIN - cookie problems, isp problems, computer illiterate, whateve...

• 25 replies
  • 0 helpful

Which Business Accounting Software do you use?

I'm looking closely at Quickbooks Premier Retail edition for Canadians because I want: Translation from US dollars to CDN for financial statement purposes. The Retail version I believe would best conform with what we do here on eBay. Ability to handl...

PayPal does not understand customer service outside of the USA...

Ok, the background story will take a minute... I recently received my PayPal debit card which I though was going to be great to give me virtually instant access to MY money. I was going to use it to purchase inventory from vendors, eBay fees, etc. Li...

Square Trade,,,, This buyer must think I'm stupid or something. SHEESH

A buyer recently left me a negative. She lied in the negative by stating I only made excuses. Ya right!! She said she didn't receive the first dvd I sent. She had paid $2 to ship the thing, no insurance. It's my policy that regardless of this (no ins...

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay gift certificates..

This may be a great way to give a partial refund to a buyer without it costing anything in paypal fees to receive. Now this would not work in all cases of course as if a buyer feels they are entitled to a partial refund for whatever reason, they woul...

Letter From Customer. Good Read!

Hello Everyone, Sure missed all you folks while I was at work last 6 days. Well I am off now for 4 days and am going to relax for a change. Beside we got over 6" of snow today. Man is it pretty here. Now for the subject at hand. The letter. This lett...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Received someone elses Negative - Burnt!

Now if I deserve the odd Neg (and I certainly may) than so be it, but yesterday I received a neg from a fellow by accident. "He meant to give it to someone else". I haven't even shipped the item he neg'd me for! Just had to vent... I know there's not...

VeRO Program

Could someone explain to me what VeRO is. It is now appearing on listings with a button to report an infringement to Ebay? Jeff

Selling Manager Improvments

I just signed on to check my auctions today and found selling manager has been improved. Now it lists the auctions that you can file NPB Alerts seperately as well as all the auctions that you can file FVF seperately. Not only that you can now batch a...

thinking ... only THINKING of accepting PayPal

I would set it up to deposit into our account with the Bank of America in Wash. State. Some years the B. of Am. has required us to fill out a form for the IRS re doing business in the US and requiring that we explain deposits to this account to be su...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can someone help me set up direct debit?

I tried to add an account for direct debit, and it asked for a "routing number".. I tried adding the transit and branch account number and it did not like that.. I phoned the bank and they did not know what a routing number is... I have a CIBC US acc...

Sell your VIRGINITY on eBay !!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2947231410&category=47127 thought you guys would like to see this...so funny. :-)

• 13 replies
  • 0 helpful

~~I Upped My Own Bid & The Price Went Up?~~

This has happened to me MANY times before and I always forget to inquire. Does anyone know why this happens? I'm sure it's not right, right?? Jackie...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal @ Ebay Vancouver Show ~~you can request lower % fee paypal takes from each sale~~ read this thread

Well I heard it right from Paypal at the Vancouver show Ok the percentages might be off when I comment . So please contact paypal . If you have a business account with paypal the rate they take is 30 cent plus between 3.5 to 2.5% . Did you know that ...

Is your paypal address CONFIRMED or UNCONFIRMED?

Hum, mine is still unconfirmed after following all their easy steps ... with the deposits in your bank account... SO, is your paypal address CONFIRMED or UNCONFIRMED?

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Question regarding paying fees with PayPal MC.

In an earlier post a lot of you were talking about paying with your Paypal Master Card. I can’t see any advantage to this over paying directly out of your Paypal account. Except…this 1.5% cash back. How does it work? I list on .com and am billed in U...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Adding "pay with paypal" on ebay.ca???

Hi there, I can't put Pay with paypal on the bottom of my auctions (Payment methods accepted). I even went to Ebay.com and saw that it was available but everytime I tried to add it on to my auctions it stated to do something with my address. So it di...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Tuesday morning chuckle

This is pretty funny! It's doing the email rounds right now and supposedly came from a Catholic elementary school. The kids were asked questions about the Old and New Testaments. The following statements about the bible were written by children. They...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Petition for PS mugs - sign up HERE!

Maybe if we ALL say how much we need PS mugs, how jealous of the US Powersellers we are, how our work is hindered by not having them...maybe if we ALL band together.... We're serious!! SIGN UP HERE!

• 52 replies
  • 0 helpful

Who watched Venture on the CBC last night, about the drugs being shipped by CP too America

I was watching Venture last night, they had an article about drugs being shipped to Americans. Anyone catch who they were shipping with ?? "Canada Post small packet"!!!!! It got me to thinking , this drug company in Manitoba is selling 1 million doll...

Increased Fraud

Please keep your heads up.. I can't speak for others but I am seeing some increased fraud these days with ebay. A number of two month old requests from users claiming they never received items, some from accounts no longer registered but from the pro...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful

GST/ HST

If you are registered for GST and you operate in Ontario and the mail order goes to Nova Scotia, should you charge GST or HST? Thanks in advance Veronica

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

CUSTOMERS CHARGEBACKS

Hi Powersellers, I wonder if anybody ever have got good experience with Seller protection from Paypal? I was scummed a coupe times, but I did shipment to non-confirmed address (i.e. transaction doesn't qualify). Also, does anybody know if Bidpay M.O....

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

PLEASE HELP! When you change your account billing currency...

Hi there. I have changed my account billing currency yesterday from CDN$ to U$. I have now been charged 3 X $1.00 and 1 X $1.03 from EBAY SAN JOSE CA on my new PayPal credit card. How come? Thanks for your help. -Anthony

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

I LOVE THE CDN PS DISCUSSION BOARD!!

I just started using the board yesterday and already, I have learned so many new things! My post was about my dissatisfaction with the CDN PS Program. I did not receive any answer that told me off or was rude. The answers were so kind and patient! No...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

The Canada Post 15% rebate is a scam!!

Hey. Canada Post told me that I was going to get a 15% discount because of the powerseller program. This morning, no discount yet, I applied almost 2 weeks ago. Now what?? They forwarded my account to a different rep and this new one tells me I do no...

• 38 replies
  • 0 helpful

Cubic Weight and CP, Another CP rip off

If I ship a guitar to Montreal that actually weighs 6kg but has a cubic weight of 21kg, CP will charge me $8.86 for Express Service based on 21kg. If I ship that same instrument to California, CP will charge me $91.30 for Express Post based on the cu...

Question for eBay Staff .....

Hi again! I know I am posting way too many things but I just love the board!! I just read the post by Moira (http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jsp?forum=44&thread=100001162&start=22&msRange=) in regards to what the Cdn. PS Team is trying to get for us. I ...

• 0 replies
  • 0 helpful
Unanswered Questions
No posts to display.