Paypal @ Ebay Vancouver Show ~~you can request lower % fee paypal takes from each sale~~ read this thread

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Well I heard it right from Paypal at the Vancouver show

Ok the percentages might be off when I comment . So please contact paypal . If you have a business account with paypal the rate they take is 30 cent plus between 3.5 to 2.5% .

Did you know that whatever the lowest rate you have with paypal . That you can contact paypal and ask them too do better and they will depending on your volume. Also if you have a merchant Visa or MasterCard you can call Paypal and tell them your merchant rate . With proof they will match it or better it ....This was news too me ....guess what I did when I got home
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Paypal @ Ebay Vancouver Show ~~you can request lower % fee paypal takes from each sale~~ read this thread

ospreylinks
Community Member
So you contacted them, but were you successful in actually renegotiating your rate?

Jeff
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
"...guess what I did when I got home"

.....gave your mouth a rest???

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
gave your mouth a rest

Cute .......but no
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

acurael
Community Member
I've been paying 2.2% for the longest time 🙂
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

what about vancouver show ? is it still on ? where's it ?

i would like to attend.

what number do u call paypal to negotiate FEES as we pay 1000s of US dollars to them each month. i also have this manager guy on paypal side who's supposedly is "my personal account manager".

cheers
john
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
The Vancouver show is this weekend down at the clverdale Flea Market ....lol

It's over sorry you missed it .
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

acurael
Community Member
1000's of dollars monthly in PayPal fees?

Even a $1000 in paypal fees would be $30-$40K USD per month in sales through PayPal?

Pickup the phone and call your paypal account manager.

I'd also suggest looking into a merchant account...

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

we have merchant account thru the web site and it's 5% off the total transaction. Much higher then paypal.

paypal manager doesnt return calls. keeep trying ...

1000 usd in paypal fees is only 30k in sales.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

The PayPal "merchant account" lower rate of 2.20% plus US$ 0.30 per transaction is available to all sellers averaging US$ 1,000 monthly sales over the last three months. It has nothing to do with the fees paid PayPal.

All you need to do is ask PayPal for it.

Good Luck.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

jhongs
Community Member
Just applied for it and got approved instantly! I wish I knew this earlier!
Jeff
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
Sweetness! I just went and applied as well, and I was approved. 2.2% fees, here I come! 🙂

For those who haven't done so yet, check it out. Log into PayPal and click the "fees" link on the bottom of the page. Then click on the link in the right column, which is regarding "receiving funds" to a business/premier account. In the first paragraph of the next page is a link for "Merchant Account". Click, read, and submit. You need to accept $1000 a month (which most PowerSellers do) and it says that you need to maintain that. You have to be in good standing on eBay and in PayPal, and agree to the terms. I read them, and it's just standard "we own your a$$" stuff. And voila, your profits just went up by 0.7%. 🙂
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

AHAHAHA
I saved again!
I saved by using my paypal debit card for billing. (1.5%) then saved again on the bill in US dollars on ebay.ca and then this! WOW 🙂
I am saving tons today!
thanks for the info. It was also easy as hell to do this 🙂
:)
every penny counts! THANKS!
mike
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

randall@ebay.com
Community Member
allstarsalez,

If you are still having trouble reaching your account manager, drop me a line and I'll try to help speed up the process.

Regards,
Randall
PayPal
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
Thanks guys!
Message 15 of 15
latest reply