The Canada Post 15% rebate is a scam!!

aabros
Community Member
Hey. Canada Post told me that I was going to get a 15% discount because of the powerseller program. This morning, no discount yet, I applied almost 2 weeks ago.

Now what?? They forwarded my account to a different rep and this new one tells me I do not qualify for the 15% discount because last year I only shipped 300 packages within Canada.

They also told me that all small packets to the USA or Intl don't count in my volume and that I would have to ship at least 2499 parcel this year to qualify for the level 2 discount. THIS IS DISGUSTING. Period.
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
It was pointed out by a pink that there were different level discounts for bronze/silver/gold powersellers. This should mean SOME type of discount. I would contact ebay.ca powerseller help about this.

Regarding small packet, there is no discount at any volume. This has always been the case.
Message 2 of 39
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
I am aware of the small packet no-discount thing... but the discounts on the parcels are as low as small business discount, which is 5$. yuck.
Message 3 of 39
latest reply

darla@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi aabros,

I will forward your comments to Canada Post. You should be qualified for the discount as you are PowerSeller, regardless of the number of packages sent.

I will get back to you when I here more. Please keep me updated.

Kind Regards
Darla
Message 4 of 39
latest reply

aa-surplus
Community Member
I'm already a Canada Post account holder and was told that being an ebay power seller does nothing for me.

were is this 15% discount>????

I ship 100 packages a week but most are small packet so they do not count toward total packages shipped.This is BS a package is a package.....

Darla find out a number who I can call to get any type of discount close to 15%

Regards,

Mark Anderson
aa-surplus
Message 5 of 39
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
Thanks Darla - please let me know.

Mark: You are absolutely right, this is BS as a parcel IS a parcel. They gave me this cheezy excuse that it's because there is no tracking #, so it doesn't count. That is disgusting.
Message 6 of 39
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
My guess is that the reason there is no discount for small packet USA and a minute discount for xpresspostUSA/expeditedUSA is that most Canadians live near the US. Canada Post is not handling the majority of the delivery. They must have a deal with USPS where they pay most of the postage to USPS thus not allowing room to discount.
Message 7 of 39
latest reply

darla@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi All

I just checked with Canada Post again. Please note that as long as you use the online tool as per the information found on this page, you will receive the discount.

If you would like someone to talk to you directly about this, please forward me your name and number and I will get Canada Post to follow up directly with you.

Hope this will help.
Kind Regards
Darla
Message 8 of 39
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
http://forums.ebay.ca/thread.jsp?forum=44&thread=100000453&modifed=20031028162317

Canada post offers little if any kind of discount on ANY US shipment. I have a level 2 discount (based on approx 3500-4000 parcels per year). I received a 1% discount using the VCD software compared to the counter rate using the venture 1 card that anyone who states they are a small business can receive.
Message 9 of 39
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
Darla: I have been using the online shipping tools since last year. They owe me some discount somewhere. This can't be. Please let me know what's up with this.

If Canada Post can't act responsibility, Purolator or UPS will work for me. Thanks Darla for your help.
Message 10 of 39
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Darla ..I missed you today at (voices) and hope to see you on Sunday maybe

Reguarding Shipping To America

I want to please comment on somthing for me within this thread . The discount you speak of . The possible 15% , it only include one service to America threw the powerseller discounted rate . That is express post USA , their is no discount for small paceles under 1kg and no discount for Ground to America

Quote from ebay

"In addition to receiving discounts on shipping in Canada, as an eBay PowerSeller you will also be entitled to international shipping discounts of 5-15% on our Xpresspost USA. Find out more about details on these products and terms and conditions on Canada Post's website"

Why is it that I can group together 5 ebay account holders get level 4 discount (group pool) . Get close too 35 to 40% off for all those sellers for our shipments . For both Ground Service to America and Air Service for America . As well as level 3 for across Canada. @ 35% to 40% Using both the Manual Manifest or the on-line service . And that's just little old me . On top of that each account would gets terms through Canada post , each get's billed by CP

And Huge Ebay gets
10 to 15% max ? for Canada shipments
5 to 15% to American on Air only
No Terms ~~ok I understand this a little
And you have to use thte online service

You see I really would like to put together a package that improves Powersellers . Somthing they can be proud of , I understand Canada Post it very difficult to deal with .

But you have too look at this and say that Even Canada Post gave Ebay.ca the short end of the stick. Possiblly Ebay.ca took this deal out of fustrationn . I am sure it was not that fun dealing with CP and Other Canada Pinks pointed out to me

Will Ebay allow me to put together a stronger package Deal with Canada Post with deeper discounts for PowerSellers . If you can not comment reguarding this on the board can you email me or call the office .

Lastly we need someone to deal direct with Canada Post for powersellers . One rep ....
Message 11 of 39
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
I second that motion!

That would be great if we could have someone renegotiate this deal and have 1 rep.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

timelessvintage
Community Member
Your-chic Shopper,

I do not think you need eBay's permission. You can start your own group and whoever wants to join can. The discount would not be for all powersellers but only those who join the group. I would join. And all the power to you.
Message 13 of 39
latest reply

aa-surplus
Community Member
Count me in Also

1 REP for EBAY POWER SELLERS..

Cheers,

aa-surplus
Message 14 of 39
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
A few of us started some talk towards a PS Buyers Group. We even discussed liability (as Cda Post holds the account holder responsible for unpaid accounts).

I think if the effort is being made to negotiate a discount with a carrier, it wouldnt take much more effort to negotiate discounts for everything including shipping supplies, hotels, airfare etc etc.

Maybe a new Thread could be started with people interested in participating expressing their interest. It would take some energy to kick it off but the final efforts could result in big pay backs in reducing our operating costs.

I even suggested incorporating a "Buyers Group" and selling 25 shares at $1 per share for anyone wanting to join. In that way, no individual account holder, say with CP would be held liable for the debts of any other.

I used to deal with Buying Groups in the food industry when I was in finance with a large paper mill. Essentially, the Buyers Group holds the contract and we are all members of the buyers group (those who 'buy in').

Food for thought!

Message 15 of 39
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
I'm in
Message 16 of 39
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
that would be awesome... everyone can use the online version (or manual manifests) and can enter THEIR OWN credit card information at time of printing the label...

So by using the online business center, we (powersellers that want to join) get 1 account #, 1 contract #, level 4 for the US, level 3 within Canada, level X Internationally but EACH shipper pays for THEIR OWN shipping with THEIR OWN credit card. How would that be? AWESOME.

Post your comments future partners 😉
Message 17 of 39
latest reply

aa-surplus
Community Member
Hi Darla,

First thanks for getting Canada Post to call me to get my current CP account to work with my ebay power seller agreement... Guess what its BS.... I would get 10% discount as a bronze power seller BUT the catch is I must pay by credit card....well thats BS when I have an current 30 day account setup already, but Canada Post says this is the only way I can get the ebay rate as this is the agreement they have with Ebay.... so the powersellers rate should be reworded as I'm not happy ..
So no discount savings for our business...
So whats the benefits of the Powersellers again???? I don't see anything...

Regards,

aa-surplus
Message 18 of 39
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
100% correct aasurplus. they forced me to use my credit card also.
Message 19 of 39
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
I use the paypal credit debit card, which works fine with me though...
Message 20 of 39
latest reply