The Canada Post 15% rebate is a scam!!

aabros
Community Member
Hey. Canada Post told me that I was going to get a 15% discount because of the powerseller program. This morning, no discount yet, I applied almost 2 weeks ago.

Now what?? They forwarded my account to a different rep and this new one tells me I do not qualify for the 15% discount because last year I only shipped 300 packages within Canada.

They also told me that all small packets to the USA or Intl don't count in my volume and that I would have to ship at least 2499 parcel this year to qualify for the level 2 discount. THIS IS DISGUSTING. Period.
Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Somthing must have been pitched to Canada Post about the new Credit card that ebay.ca just came out . The fact that the CP discount came out and Ebay.ca rolled out thier new Credit card at around the same time makes me think this.
Message 21 of 39
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
I for one like using my credit card. I enter my aerogold in my VCD manifests and collect thousands of airoplan miles. Some have suggested using the paypal credit card to get 1.5% cash back.
Message 22 of 39
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
Labels: I use the paypal card - the 1.5% cashback is nice.
Message 23 of 39
latest reply

can-import
Community Member
Why not negotiate something with another carrier? like fedex or ups?

When I had my computer store, I was part of a group of stores, we had a 5$ shipping fee agreement anywhere in Canada with Dicom. And I am sure, we didnt make as many shippings as we are all doing together here...
Message 24 of 39
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
with UPS or FedEx it would be super....
Message 25 of 39
latest reply

aa-surplus
Community Member
Super for you.

but I have no regular fedex or UPS or Canpar in our area.

I'm stuck with CP... or purolator which is CP also.

cheers.
aa-surplus
Message 26 of 39
latest reply

we r getting 15% as soon as we hit PLATINUM level on XPRESSPOST USA/CANADA shipping only ... unfortunately no shipping discount on EXPEDITED USA

asa GOLD member you will have 10% off XPRESSPOST.

i think it's pretty good. their on-line shipping tool looks good too.

Message 27 of 39
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
allstarsalez hit my me page , then my web site . I have a 1-800 call me trust me . CP is giving you smoke and mirrors.

If you are at silver level now you cann get a huge discount , weather it's actually a discount is what www-labels4less-com and I are trying to figure out . They state we have a level 3 discount too America . But really with the hidden brokerage fee's it amount to a hill of beans

Message 28 of 39
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
allstarsalez: call Todd (chic shopper), you'll see - he's right
Message 29 of 39
latest reply

souranial
Community Member
I too send mostly Small Packet USA and receive no discount at all! As well, I think the discounts we are receiving are insignificant but are better than nothing. I would love to join if we could get a much better rate! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help! (BTW I agree and think that CanadaPost is a joke. I think that sooner enough we will be seeing the same story as USPS in the states. CanadaPost is now becoming such a poorly maintained company that the gov't will have to tell them to "shape up of ship out". That is when USPS became what it is today - the BEST national shipping carrier in the world).

-souranial
Message 30 of 39
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I send most of my stuff in envelopes, so there's no discount available for me. Occasionally I send using small packets, but there's no discount for that either. Basically, the "benefit" to being a PowerSeller for me is being allowed to complain on this discussion board. 🙂
Message 31 of 39
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Ya, that's pretty much the same with me shooger! LOL
Message 32 of 39
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Yep, me too! But when you come right down to it, this board IS a pretty darn good benefit! I'm beginning to think of te gang here as pretty good friends and I never would have met any of you without the PowerSeller program, and being shunted over here to the .ca board!

Glenda

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 33 of 39
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
True Glenda. I was VERY upset when I was rudely "picked up and dropped" here on the CA board but I now agree it's a very nice bunch here. I still feel it could have been handled better, but oh well. Worse things in life. People often hate change so maybe it was felt that if we weren't "forced" here, nobody would come.

I wasn't even aware of postal discounts until I read it on this board so I'm not too upset anyway. Same with ebay and paypal goodies. It never occurred to me to expect any freebies until I read about people wanting them. I figure what the heck.........where else are you going to get such a huge audience for your item. I've been on ebay for over 5 years now and although it's not been without it's problems, overall it's been a good experience.
Message 34 of 39
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
" too send mostly Small Packet USA and receive no discount at all! As well, I "....

This is no surprise, I ship close to 3,000 small packet airs per year($9.90 a pop) and get no discount on small packet. I get a whollap of Visa aerogold miles though as I use this to pay my post bills.

As todd mentoined though I'm lucky enough though to have a level 3 discount on Xpresspost. With the brokerage fees built into the CP shipping tools, this amounts to about a 1 percent discount savings over the counter rate using the venture 1.

Tomorrow I'm going to a shoppers drug mart cp counter and paying right then to send my 3 xpresspost as I can be assured that way that I won't get any "surprises" like the cube/size adjustments that are common.
Message 35 of 39
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
allstar, If you are using the online or desktop tools, next time you ship an xpresspost, take it to the counter and compare the counter rate to what the CP software is charging you. Then bang your head on the table like the rest of us and count your fingers after shaking hands with CP.
Message 36 of 39
latest reply

retrorescue
Community Member
Great posts, everyone.

'Scuse me, www-labelsforless-com, but I wonder if one is paying 9.90 for Small Packet Airs, why not instead pay for Expedited parcel (to USA) for the same price or less with a Venture 1 discount and get the Insurance and Tracking included?

I'd like to weigh in and say the customer service so far I've received from CP is a joke. They've promised to fax me info on Level 2 and Level 3 rates since Thursday morning, and was re-promised to get it Friday morning, and still no fax..does it take 2 days turnaround for every question I'm going to have to establish a volume business relationship with CP?

RAY(retrorescue)
Message 37 of 39
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
It ain't the same price. After the cubic weight, it always turns out to about $13-$14
Message 38 of 39
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
"'Scuse me, www-labelsforless-com, but I wonder if one is paying 9.90 for Small Packet Airs, why not instead pay for Expedited parcel (to USA) for the same price or less with a Venture 1 discount and get the Insurance and Tracking included?"

My small packet airs are being delivered in 5-7 business days on average. I sell a product that people don't have the luxury of waiting for, especially the refills. If my parcels are over 1kg I send them Xpresspost. Furthermore, the Expedited insurance is worthless when it comes to proving delivery to Paypal. No online tracking with signature, No guard against chargeback.
Message 39 of 39
latest reply