Is your paypal address CONFIRMED or UNCONFIRMED?

aabros
Community Member
Hum, mine is still unconfirmed after following all their easy steps ... with the deposits in your bank account... SO, is your paypal address CONFIRMED or UNCONFIRMED?
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

itrecovery
Community Member
Confimerd address comes from credit card info. I did removed my credit card and add it back, now my address is confirmed.

Confirming bank account doesn't give you confimed addtress.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
Hum... my credit cards (2) are both to the same address and on-file with PayPal... and my address is stll UNCONFIRMED. Huh?
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Well I can't tell but for the first time, a buyer from BC paid me and the transaction is Seller Protection Policy:
Eligible so that must mean I am comfirmed?

thanks
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
probably
that's sad. My address is still unconfirmed.
Plus I have not received my powerseller kit yet! lol
CRYING
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

itrecovery
Community Member
When you chenge credit card, a confirmation check is got initiated. If you have credit card entered before Oct, it was at time when Canada was not eleigible for address confirmation.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
so... i would need to remove it
and re-enter it? then I'd get confirmed?
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Where do you look to see if you are comfirmed?
I just got verified on top Canada
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
when you send a payment - check at the bottom once it's submitted - it's written CONFIRMED or UNCONFIRMED. Cheers
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Please tell me how to pay for a US auction on Paypal, even though confirmed, seller will not accept Canadian confirmed payments? for US clients, Thanks, David
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

randall@ebay.com
Community Member
All,

There appears to be some confusion, so I'll try to clarify.

The (un)confirmed status of a street address is based solely on your card issuer's ability to pass an AVS screen.

Confirming your bank account has NO effect on the confirmation of a street address. Confirming your bank will give you the ability to fund your account or your payments directly from your bank account.

SPP eligibility will not be affected by the existence (or absence) of a confirmed bank account on the PayPal account of the buyer or the seller.

Regards,
Randall
PayPal Consumer Relations
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

acurael
Community Member
For those not familiar - AVS is address verification system - allows a credit card processor (PayPal) to check the customer's provided address and postal/zip code relative to the billing address on file with the issuing bank.

Standard system that's been in place in the US for quite a while but no so much here in Canada. I rarely see AVS responses through our merchant account from Canadian card holders.

Question for Randall - does PayPal also use cvc/cvv/cid and "verified by visa" when establishing a confirmed status?
Message 12 of 12
latest reply