Sales

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
So is it dead for everyone else as well? In the last week sales have dropped off to almost nothing.

Ryan
Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Sales

treasure-pot
Community Member
Last week was really bad but the weekend roared back and finished great. Hang in there... it's the lull before the storm... then we'll all be complaining about how busy we are. :<)

Bill

Bill

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

Sales

kpamber
Community Member
Yes, me too! It's pretty much been this way since the summer, with a few nice weeks in there, hit and miss...Hopefully it picks up soon!
Karen
Message 3 of 41
latest reply

Sales

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
I have had a terrific week primarily because I introduced a new product. Within 1 hour of listing, people were using the BIN or bidding fast enough to reach my reserve.

As the auctions progressed, the bidding often ended with the final price exceeding my original BIN.

As an example, I had a reserve of $100 US, a BIN of $149.95 US and I sold one last night (at auction's end) for $177.50 US.

I only had 12 of these instruments and I sold 10 of them this week so far.

I also changed my ad format and am running with a Christmas theme and have been selling other instruments better than in recent weeks.

Its time consuming but we are always trying different things even when we are listing instruments that didnt sell before. Sometimes with a change in the ad (description or general appearance), the product will sell when it didnt before.

I have no complaints about last week and where I see the next few weeks going for us.

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

Sales

firedept10
Community Member
Steady as usual. October was a record month for me. More than doubled my sales. Hope November is good. Last night was a good start for the beginning of the month, especially after bills are paid by most. Wish all of you luck over the Xmas rush.

Don
Message 5 of 41
latest reply

Sales

momosworld
Community Member
September for some reason was very busy for us, but October was dead. I do hope it picks up...need the $$ to buy my new car 🙂

Momo.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

Sales

brcyclesalvage
Community Member
I guess it just depends what you sell. The terrible weather didn't do much for me as I sell seasonal products.

Ryan
Message 7 of 41
latest reply

Sales

jaymor8
Community Member
Just for interest sake - everybody list what you sell and if your sales are up or down. I'll start. Muahahahaha!!

Jewelry - and I'm up!

Jackie...
Message 8 of 41
latest reply

Sales

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Musical Instruments,
Up starting, last week of October
Message 9 of 41
latest reply

Sales

treasure-pot
Community Member
Everything at the bottom of the barrel and I'm up!

Bill

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

Sales

jaymor8
Community Member
ROFL - I wanna see that barrel, Bill!!

Jackie...
Message 11 of 41
latest reply

Sales

muminlaw
Community Member
Old tokens, vintage postcards,
down, down, down

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 12 of 41
latest reply

Sales

kpamber
Community Member
I sell jewelry. As much as I am whining, in fact, I've had 3 good weeks. Not like Jackie, mind you...but then, who does? Anything that I have trouble selling, I am going to send to Jackie, because she has the Midas touch. Jackie, who the heck is the big american powerseller that you are referring to?
My problem is that I love to buy, buy, buy, and I'm still not sure of when to list for Christmas, or to just keep it and continue to list kind of run of the mill stuff...by this time last year, I was listing the big buck items...
Karen
Message 13 of 41
latest reply

Sales

jaymor8
Community Member
K - Puleeeeaaassse - who's got the touch? You're the one with multiple bids on all your items - ask Paul the names I call you of an evening, when I peek into your ebay ;)))))) He always knows what I'm doing when he hears me cussing and laughing at the same time. Then, HE goes and looks at your page, to see if there's anything I might like...so he can buy it for me. Now - I can only imagine how well THAT secret would be kept!!! LOL

Jackie...
Message 14 of 41
latest reply

Sales

deltone
Community Member
Exercise dvd's, (Winsor Pilates) and cosmetics. Same as usual. It's always a pretty steady thing without any real mountains or valleys.
Message 15 of 41
latest reply

Sales

Dog Books, mostly but any other titles that I think will sell. Great October, but last week sales and page views dropped right off.
Ann
Message 16 of 41
latest reply

Sales

gloriaguides
Community Member
Books-mostly kids; also video games, toys, adult books, anything I think someone would buy--about the same as September (which was very good!). Gloria
Message 17 of 41
latest reply

Sales

treasure-pot
Community Member
After a great weekend it now appears that all of the buyers have boarded the bus and left my station. :<(

Bill

Bill

Message 18 of 41
latest reply

Sales

ospreylinks
Community Member
We sell Golf Equipment..... are now into starting to promote Christmas sales.....tends to level off for us this time of year (level off -> read die), but we normally get a run between the third week of November and the first to second week of December that I am trying to encourage to start earlier with some Christmas shipping graphics that we use, just to get the viewers thinking it might be good to buy for Christmas now and ensure prompt delivery.

Jeff
Message 19 of 41
latest reply

Sales

treasure-pot
Community Member
Thanks Jeff... my Xmas auctions with appropriate graphics have been up and running for three weeks now. Maybe its too early?? Maybe I need to step in front of the bus when it tries to leave... :<)

Bill

Bill

Message 20 of 41
latest reply