Parcel Returned--Next Step?

gloriaguides
Community Member
Here's a new one for me. I mailed out a parcel of books Sept 20 to a buyer in Maryland. Just got it returned as "Unclaimed". Aside from emailing the buyer (which I did) is there anything else I should do?? How long do I wait for a reply?? He used Paypal and I haven't heard from him at all since I mailed out the books--he's not complaining about not receiving them. Is he dead?? Ideas welcome, Gloria
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
Maybe he already read them and didnt want to keep them! Ha Ha!

Perhaps he moved. He may be waiting for the USPS to re-direct them to him.

Why not search under his eBay user ID and email him. I would charge him the re-ship costs of course as it was his fault in not telling you and the PO of his new address (if that were the case).

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

your-chic-shopper
Community Member
Pull their user info and call them
Todd
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Glo - as funny as we may make it, maybe that is exactly what happened. Maybe he/she passed away and are no longer there. I mean seriously, I'm sure there has been a death or two of sellers or buyers since the inception of ebay.

Jackie...
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

gloriaguides
Community Member
It's actually a very nice (read expensive) set and if he doesn't claim them by Christmas I'll resell them after Christmas (hey, I'm renting him storage space right now!). I don't call my buyers. I email them. Sad to think that there was no one to look after things for this guy if he did have some problems. My post office lady says I was luckyt CP didn't charge me for delivery from the border to my house on the return trip. Gloria
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Jackie, you're entirely right! If anything prevented me from accessing the computer (it really wouldn't have to be as extreme as death!) DH wouldn't have a clue about how to access email, eBay auctions, or anything to do with this side of our business. I keep telling him he has to learn the basics, but it's slow goin' ...

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

gloriaguides
Community Member
Well, I heard from the Buyer this morning. The box was correctly addressed, there seems to be no reason for it to have been returned. Anyway, he'll send postage and we'll resend the parcel and see what happens. One of those nice buyers who kind of wonders where his books are but doesn't harass the seller. I am going to leave it alone and just put a new outer wrap on it. That way he can take it up with his local PO. Gloria
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
Have had this happen. I immediatley send money through paypal minus the shipping and in the note area of paypal, I explain that they can re-purchase this item if they wish.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

jaymor8
Community Member
Glenda - you know, it's funny that you said that. I have actually had that thought cross my mind. I wondered what it would be like if something happened to me and all of my business became 'outstanding'. My DH sells on ebay once in a while too, so he would know what to do. What I wonder is....would he think to do it?

If all of a sudden you didn't see me posting, especially in response to the stupidities of FTD and you checked my auctions and there was nothing up for sale, and you checked my feedbacks and there were multiple negs there....what would you think? You'd email me and ask questions but they would go unanswered. Would it make you think the worst? I would hope that Paul would get in here and post to you all because he knows I hang around here.

How depressing huh?

Jackie...
Message 9 of 9
latest reply