Immediate Payment Required Option

jhongs
Community Member
Hello all,
I just became a PowerSeller today and found this board. I saw a few ebay auctions that have "Immediate Payment Required". however, when I am listing my auctions I do not see this option anywhere (I list on ebay.ca). Can anyone help me out?
thank you,
Jeff
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

treasure-pot
Community Member
Sorry Jeff, I don't know if this exists on .ca

I have used it on some bigger ticket items on .com listings and it has worked well.

They either pay immediately or move on.

Only works for BIN auctions or Fixed price items.

Congrats on your new PS'er status and hope to see you on the board frequently. I'll be the guy whining over in the corner. :<)

Cheers!

Bill

Bill

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Welcome Jeff, and congrats on PS status. Don't listen to Bill about the whining!! He's not a whiner!!! LOL
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

jhongs
Community Member
Thanks for the welcoming! You guys reply fast! I still got a lot to learn, I only got about 1/10th of your feedbacks.
Got another question, how to aviod negative feedbacks? i got a lot of non-paying bidders and i'm afraid they will retaliate and leave me a neg. feedback. So, all i do is file NPB and request FVF and nothing else.
thanks,
Jeff
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Hi Jeff and welcome! I'm in BC so it's still only mid-afternoon here. About the negs, I can't help -- I'm in a collectibles niche market and have known most of my buyers for a zillion or so years. They wouldn't dare not pay! In fact, I really know most of them well enough that I just send their purchases as soon as the auction is over. I think I've had a total of 2 NPBs in the 3 years I've been selling on eBay - I filed the NPB & FVF, and negged 'em both! The both wrote and apologized but they didn't neg me back - they just didn't leave any fb at all.

Again, welcome, Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Jeff, don't think about negs. Do what you can to be a good e-tailer. That's all any of us can do.

There will also be the small percentage out there that will make your life a hell but you need to focus your energies on the 99.9% that make eBay a good marketplace.

For all the griping you may hear on the PS'er board (including from me) it is always important to remember that it is only because we enjoy this venue and want it to remain the fun place we have experienced and know it can be.

Bill

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

catseye*
Community Member
,,,all I can say is:

if you do NOTHING else, file for your FV fees back. That's the ONLY thing that gets bad buyers off of ebay. Do yourself and your fellow sellers a favor.

*JMHO* - to be taken with a grain of salt!
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

deltone
Community Member
Yep, you can't avoid the negs. I've accumulated 3 of them and the first one was the hardest. I am sure I'll get more, but heck, you can't please some people. They only see what they want to see. Tis just the way it is. GOOD LUCK though!!
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

firedept10
Community Member
Welcome aboard Jeff.

Don
Message 9 of 17
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
I've managed to use the Immediate Payment Required option before, when it was first introduced. I was THRILLED because it's exactly what my auctions require, anyway. All I use is Fixed Price BuyItNows, and ask for immediate payment with PayPal anyway. But after listing a huge pile of stuff, the next day I noticed that NOTHING had sold, which was odd. I got a friend to try seeing if he could buy something of mine from his account, and it gave the error "this seller isn't accepting payment for this item at this time". I was really upset and went in and manually changed everything to regular payment method, which I have used since. I'm sure I lost money on that little flaw, and haven't tried the option since. If anyone else from Canada has got it working, let me know. My account is on the .com site but I'm from BC Canada (I think this is possible because I registered a few years ago).

New PowerSeller today, BTW. 🙂

Thanks,
shooger
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

jhongs
Community Member
Just got another non-paying bidder today telling me he had no intention of paying, he pressed the BIN only to see what the BIN price is!!! What an exuse!

Shooger,
i checked your feedback and I saw there's this one person harrasing you, he left 7 negative feedback in just 2 days. Isn't it possible to report this to ebay and get rid of him and the negs?
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
jhongs, eBay Trust & Safety will remove the negs in all liklihood but it takes them 3-5 days to respond to PS'ers or to investigate.

Cheers!

Bill

Bill

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Welcome to the board Shooger! I'm also from BC -- Victoria and also registered (and do all my listing) on the .com site. They all seem to be interchangeable!

Glenda
Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

shooger
Community Member
jhongs - yes, I sure hope they deal with that guy. He bought 13 auctions from me and immediately started dropping negatives, 2 or 3 at a time. Worst part is, I just got powerseller status, and if he manages to get me below 98% positive, I could lose powerseller! That'd royally suck. I've reported the feedback harassment campaign already, but it sure takes a long time for anything to be done! Meanwhile I'm losing buyers due to having a very bad looking profile 😞

muminlaw - Thanks! Yes, they do seem to interchange, which is nice. I'm in the Vancouver area.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

jhongs
Community Member
My questions are beginning to leave the topic, but i don't want to post another topic.

Something really strange happened today, a buyer told me he bought my auction and made payment. however, when i checked, it showed he neither bought an auction nor did he made a payment.
But then, he forwarded me an email and it showed the "congrtulations for purchasing blah blah" and it shows the auction # 30541410260. But when i checked, this is an invalid item, and the link in the email does not point to my auctions either. I asked the buyer to check his paypal account, and it doesn't show he made a payment to me and he also did not receive a paypal receipt.

Also, got another question, my friend purchased an auction on ebay yesterday. On the auction page, it showed that the seller is in United States, but then, the seller today said he's acutally in Spain, and he will ship the item from Spain. Auction # 3058376725 . Should my friend be alarmed of the situation? could the seller's account be hacked?

that's all the question! thank you for all those who help me out 🙂
Jeff
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
First off - get to your friend and tell him to run, not walk, away from that deal. It is a classic scam that is being run by account hackers.

I'm gonna guess that your friend bought a reasonably high priced item (usually electronic in nature) and that the buyer wants payment by money order only.

As for your situation, where is the buyer? Unless he can show that he has made payment for a valid eBay auction I would explain to him that his beef is with eBay and not with you.

Good luck!

Bill

Bill

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
By the way jhongs, it is proper to start another thread when you stray off topic.

Bill

Bill

Message 17 of 17
latest reply