How do I file a complaint about damage to the parcel done by Pitney Bowes (GSP)?

Prior to my package leaving the sellers hands there was no damage on my ebay item as says the item description. On delivery I found a notice telling me the Parcel was checked by Pitney Bowes and there was a clear indication that Pitney Bowes and Ebay have no regard for the products they inspect.

There is a clear indication that the damage was done during the inspection. I can see there is a clean cut on the product that aligns perfectly with the cut that was made to open this package.

I find this utter lack of care for other peoples packages despicable.. not to mention there is no way to file a complaint against ebay itself and the Global Shipping Program which ebay and Pitney Bowes work together on.

photo 3.JPG

photo.JPG

Notice the images of the product and the box cutter mark seen and notice how in the second photo that mark aligns with the package opening. I am reaching out with the seller as well just in case but the signs clearly indicate that an box cutter was used to slice the package open carelessly damaging the product.

I honestly don't know what to say about the lack of service or care for individuals. I feel as though this will be the last time i buy anything through the GSP program and through ebay without some resolution. I will recommend to others to stay away from Global Shipping Program, I fear it is run by people who don't give a **bleep** about anything except for making some cash.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

How do I file a complaint about damage to the parcel done by Pitney Bowes (GSP)?

, I fear it is run by people who don't give a **bleep** about anything except for making some cash.

Well, sorta.

I really doubt Pitney Bowes has an actual policy of damaging items they handle. The problem is more likely with a poorly trained worker "making some cash". Which is not to deny PB responsibility for the item.

Unfortunatley, the final responsibility comes back to the seller, who subcontracted shipping to the Global Shipping Program and PB.

From your point of view, you should be contacting the seller and asking how he plans to "make you whole". The GSP makes this even more complicated, because the seller never handled the duty tax and service fee that you paid. He received only enough to ship the item to Kentucky.

The rest of the money, and of course the cost of returning the item if the seller demands that, is up in the air. There have been frequent questions about the procedure, but neither eBay nor Pitney Bowes has made any response.

Is the damage a scratch on a hard case? Does it make the item unusable?

There is also the question of the seller's responsibility to package well enough to avoid damage, either in transit or on opening. I certainly worry about some over-packaged items I have received, concerned about cutting the item while attempting to get it out of the tape, bubblewrap, cardboard, kraft paper, tissue, pretty sticker and poly envelope. (It's a $3 comic book, guys! There are meds for OCD!)

And the (boilerplate) note indicates that the seller did not indicate the origin of the item, which decides whether the item is dutiable or not.

So.

Start with the seller. Ask about a full or partial refund.

If that doesn't end well, go to eBay/Paypal for a full refund. I'm thinking that yourPP  refund would come partly from the seller and partly from eBay/Pitney Bowes.  If so, nothing like a cash hit to make a company look at its practices and policies.

For the recornd, I avoid sellers using the Global Shipping Program. And every time something comes in without duty, I buy a 649 ticket.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I as well am really not happy with EBAY and GSP...I recently bought an item that I am still awaiting to receive. As soon as I purchased my item I realized I forgot to change my address on my ebay acct. So before it was sent out I contacted the seller he said that he had no control of the item that i should contact ebay, so I did by phone that day. I talked to an ebay rep. he told me not to worry that it hadnt been sent out yet. The address change was suppose to be done and i corrected my address change on my acct.Thought every thing was good until i recieved an email with the shipping invoice..and low n behold it had the wrong address on it! So i contacted the seller again he assured me that everything should be fine, also ebay assured me again. So I was watching the tracking..it showed up in my town but going to my OLD address!..so I contacted CAN POST by chat explaining to please hold the item in town here and i would come pick up. They explained that only the seller could redirect it and gave me the number to call. I sent the number to the seller and once again he told me that he has no control and didnt know what to do. So i phoned ebay again..sat on hold for quite awhile, they transfered the call to Global shiping so I could try and correct what ebay didnt do in the first place! They told me all they could do is hold then redirect at their faucilty in another province. The next day I recieve an email from ebay stating my order has been sent back requesting the correct address...DUHHHHHHHH! So once again i sent EBAY an email with my address.. i still have yet to recieve my item! This should have and could have been corrected by my very first phone call i made to EBAY right after i pressed purchase!! so unhappy with this I dont think I will ever buy again off ebay and GSP! Apparently there is too many people handling the problem, and not checking on the order or where it should be going. Afterall with todays technology with computers and such this problem shouldnt have EVER became a problem to begin with!!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Is there any way to complain at all? This service is horrible. I googled and see many many complaints about the same. I purchased a manual in excellent condition and the first 6 pages are cut right through and hanging by a thread at the edge from a box cutter as well! Thank God was not an expensive comic book. This should not be the seller's responsibility...that's just an easy way for them to wash their hands of it. Been using eBay for years now thinking twice before I do again especially for anything that a box cutter can damage.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Please post all questions about the GSP here: Questions about the Global Shipping Program

Please post all comments about the GSP here: Comments about the Global Shipping Program

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 5 of 5
latest reply