How do I get ebay to stop sending random advertising emails to my personal email account?

shakiej
Community Member

How do I get ebay to stop sending random advertising emails to my personal email account?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Is this the email account that is attached to this ID?

If so it would be difficult to Block them since eBay would also use the email to notify you of sales or shipped purchases or other problems.

But if it is a different account, unrelated to your eBay ID, you could just choose it, open Junk Mail , open Phishing scam and report it.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@shakiej wrote:

The best way to do it that I know of is to block them in your eBay account.  Start with My eBay (top of page)

my ebay.jpg

Then click on Account

summary acc.jpg

Find and click on COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES from the column.  Then you can click Show All to see what's there.

comm prefs.jpg

You have to scroll down to the very bottom to unearth the spam section (aka "Promotions and Surveys") but you can UNCHECK all the ones you don't want, and then don't forget to click on the tiny little nearly invisible SAVE otherwise it won't work.  

SAVE.jpg

Message 3 of 3
latest reply